Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

make gold skeleton key harvests go back to how they were

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 12, 2016
Places where players use gold skeleton keys shouldn't be the only place to harvest them if each one is only good for a one-time use like treasure cards. And like a player sometimes does with a no auction item, they might accidently take the gold skeleton key and quicksell it, trash it, or feed it to their pet not knowing there are only so many of them now. I know that Majid can sell gold skeleton keys, but not everyone can afford holding a membership month after month. I'm also aware that gold skeleton keys come out of a specific pack; but when someone purchases a pack, there's a low level chance that they'll get what they hoped they were gonna; and that's when they might tell themselves "I wasted crowns a second ago"; and I don't want Wizard101 to lose popularity. Another thing is that things that players are prone to really wanting are only dropped by skeleton key bosses (spellments are a good example). So, we need gold skeleton keys to go back to also being dropped by creatures that players don't need a gold skeleton key to battle.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I have more gold skeleton keys then I had before the change, not sure why everyone is complaining, they are not hard to come by and none of the gold key bosses are worth farming anyway imo.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
Jasmine3429 on Oct 12, 2022 wrote:
I have more gold skeleton keys then I had before the change, not sure why everyone is complaining, they are not hard to come by and none of the gold key bosses are worth farming anyway imo.
Gold keys drop rates compared to how they were in darkmoor is nothing in comparison. There method of access now is through loyalty points, daily assignment( RNG), PVP, Beast moon and decathlon crafting which requires a lot of reagents just to craft 1 single key. The new gold key bosses are definitely worth farming for spellement versions of lore spells. Before, I could rack up about 25-40 keys just farming darkmoor in 3 hours now well that's obsolete.