Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Limited Gold Key Availability - Need Farmable PVE Option

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Please consider adding at least one way of farming for gold keys in PVE battles, either through standard gameplay or via a gauntlet (i.e. like the Unforgiven Dead Gauntlet). Gold keys can be obtained in only limited ways since the Summer 2022 update, and the numbers obtained are not sufficient to evolve gold key battle spellements in a meaningful way (especially for upper tier evolutions that require hundreds of spellements). Players loiter around gold key dungeons for hours, all dressed up with no where to go because gold keys are not available. Player frustration and dissatisfaction with gold key restriction is significant. Please listen to your dedicated, paying customers and make gold keys farmable via some PVE method. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
microlife12 on Sep 29, 2022 wrote:
Please consider adding at least one way of farming for gold keys in PVE battles, either through standard gameplay or via a gauntlet (i.e. like the Unforgiven Dead Gauntlet). Gold keys can be obtained in only limited ways since the Summer 2022 update, and the numbers obtained are not sufficient to evolve gold key battle spellements in a meaningful way (especially for upper tier evolutions that require hundreds of spellements). Players loiter around gold key dungeons for hours, all dressed up with no where to go because gold keys are not available. Player frustration and dissatisfaction with gold key restriction is significant. Please listen to your dedicated, paying customers and make gold keys farmable via some PVE method. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Please improve pet training and fishing at the same time. Both are currently in a design state that simply frustrate players.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
microlife12 on Sep 29, 2022 wrote:
Gold keys were accessible (PVE) through Darkmoor at one point. Most of every lore spells can now be unlocked for only (35) spellements. Although kind of a rare drop, I found that the very bosses that drop these spellements. From my general understanding old key bosses that were gold like omen, Aphrodite etc will become stone key tier bosses.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
SpellWeaver11 on Sep 29, 2022 wrote:
Please improve pet training and fishing at the same time. Both are currently in a design state that simply frustrate players.
I don't see any problem with fishing, but pet training I highly consider a mechanic that helps players gain returns on fail mega pets. A new addition of a fishing spell could be detect chest spell that gives a decent strategize mechanical quest to ensure we are getting what's worth.

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
ndrago999 on Oct 3, 2022 wrote:
I don't see any problem with fishing, but pet training I highly consider a mechanic that helps players gain returns on fail mega pets. A new addition of a fishing spell could be detect chest spell that gives a decent strategize mechanical quest to ensure we are getting what's worth.
Fishing for everyday, run of the mill fish is a pleasant experience but when you start looking for whoppers and small-fry, that experience starts to get tested quite early. Days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months for some of these fish. That does not lend itself to being called a pleasant experience especially for something that is supposed to be less stressful.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
ndrago999 on Oct 2, 2022 wrote:
Gold keys were accessible (PVE) through Darkmoor at one point. Most of every lore spells can now be unlocked for only (35) spellements. Although kind of a rare drop, I found that the very bosses that drop these spellements. From my general understanding old key bosses that were gold like omen, Aphrodite etc will become stone key tier bosses.
I find that very frustrating given several months ago we were told by K I live that there will be no stone key/wooden keys In the future. So I used up all of my Wooden/stone keys and now they are going to make gold key bosses, stone key bosses.

With the current changes to gold key drops I'm picking up plenty from daily assignments and events.

Where are we supposed to get a reliable amount of stone keys from now? I think those making the game need to stop making changes until they know where they are going. As a player I don't know whether I'm coming or going because the makers can't stick to a game direction.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I have more gold keys then I had before the "nerf", so yeah I do not get the issue here. Most of them have nothing worth farming for anyway imo.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
king lucas on Oct 4, 2022 wrote:
I find that very frustrating given several months ago we were told by K I live that there will be no stone key/wooden keys In the future. So I used up all of my Wooden/stone keys and now they are going to make gold key bosses, stone key bosses.

With the current changes to gold key drops I'm picking up plenty from daily assignments and events.

Where are we supposed to get a reliable amount of stone keys from now? I think those making the game need to stop making changes until they know where they are going. As a player I don't know whether I'm coming or going because the makers can't stick to a game direction.
Bane Wyrm Avalon and lower zig zag drop rates are pretty high those are my go to sources whenever am farming stone keys. For wooden keys it has to be Jade Oni as of right now. Am stacked up on gold keys farming darkmoor in the past.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Appreciate the comments, but none of them directly address what we can do now to get more gold keys, other than through daily quests, the spiral showcase or spiral scene. Not all of us have gold key stashes from before the summer 2022 update. It takes a lot of gold keys (and I mean a lot) to get any spellement to max level via current standard gameplay. Gold key drops in gold key dungeons is also exceedingly rare (in my experience a total of 5 gold keys in 87 runs with 3 players), so our gold key supply dwindles quickly.

Please give us a farmable PVE option to obtain gold keys. Both Darkmoor and the Unforgiven Dead Gauntlet were wonderful sources of obtaining gold keys in the past. If something like this can be reinstituted, or the gold key drop rate from gold key dungeons can be increased to something meaningful, that would be terrific

There is a lot (and I mean a lot) of player dissatisfaction with gold key restriction as it currently exists - just listen to comments as players loiter in front of gold key dungeons with nothing to do. This is especially frustrating for 150 level players who have have nothing to farm for and would like to upgrade their spellements.

Your consideration of this request would be greatly appreciated.