Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Summer 2022 Update - Please LINK new issues here

AuthorMessage
Administrator
PLEASE LINK IN A REPLY ONLY EXISTING POSTS FROM ELSEWHERE

These reports can come from Halston's Laboratory here in the official forums, the Wizard101 Central forums, social media, or any officially recognized fansite.

Please do not post a reply without first locating or creating a separate post for the issue. Link that new or existing post here ONLY. A few words of explanation for context with the link is perfect.

Latest Known Issues (New issues will be added to the TOP of the list)
  • Deer Knight may not give all Spellements back upon being reset
  • Skeleton Key Bosses sometimes not spawning
  • Willcast not available
  • Can't leave an Adventure Party if you're the last member
  • Guild Hall floor sometimes shows up green
  • Guild House will have areas you may collide with that don't visibly show an obstruction
  • Beastmoon event not rewarding the Emberwing pet (use code EMBERWING22 to obtain it)
This list is only issues and bugs. Do not link references to general dislikes or uncertainties of a feature. We will be reviewing those separately.

Things won't work right on an island until that island has been properly opened

General Concerns
  • Gold Skeleton keys were removed from various loot pools
  • Guild concerns regarding requirements to make a guild
  • How much Azoth needed to expand the guild house.
Considerations and Ideas
PLEASE LINK IN A REPLY ONLY EXISTING POSTS FROM ELSEWHERE

Thanks for helping to make this a great update for all Wizards!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
It's not just frozen kraken that's not available. It's all the willcasts. I made a new topic for it which is currently in moderation.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2013
Evil Carrots in the Karamelle category is not extractable.
Praetorian Guard in the Aquila category is not extractable.
7 new tome entries exist in the Dragonspyre tome despite no new creatures being added to Dragonspyre monstrology.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2012
These two are minor, but I still think they should be fixed
The level 130 Winter Palace Guard Shako and Queen's Color Guard Shako from the Yuletide pack still don't show my hair

This isn't really a bug, but I think Supercharge should have a storm symbol next to the blade to stop someone (like me) from thinking it'd cast a universal blade on them

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
I do not understand the initial post. Me and my small circle of friends are more in to crafting, decorating, gardening, fishing and questing. We would like to make our own tiny guild but with only 3 players with 2 accounts each. How do we make our guild? All our wizards are added together we'd have 24, but can only get 6 of us online in one moment.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2015
king lucas on Aug 16, 2022 wrote:
I do not understand the initial post. Me and my small circle of friends are more in to crafting, decorating, gardening, fishing and questing. We would like to make our own tiny guild but with only 3 players with 2 accounts each. How do we make our guild? All our wizards are added together we'd have 24, but can only get 6 of us online in one moment.
Your small Guild sounds perfect. Nothing to pressure - just fun. If you are considering adding more players, please consider me. I like gardening and learning decorating and I do questing. I have a death wizard level 130. Eventually I will begin to level her.

Survivor
Aug 19, 2011
I was farming High Loremagus and not a single gold key dropped. However both wooden and stone keys dropped instead. This is ridiculous. The Devs said wooden and stone keys are being phased out, yet they are still being dropped by a NEW boss. We should be able to exchange these keys for gold ones one for one. At least the spellement drops are very good.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Chowder297 on Aug 17, 2022 wrote:
Your small Guild sounds perfect. Nothing to pressure - just fun. If you are considering adding more players, please consider me. I like gardening and learning decorating and I do questing. I have a death wizard level 130. Eventually I will begin to level her.
Dude, you need 11 friends onine to start a guild, so this guy, like many others are just SOL, KI does not care. Guilds are for people who already have a wide friends group, they stated as much in the round table..

So unless you are in the popular club, forget guilds, its HS cliques all over again.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
A suggestion for dealing with the Will cast bug: Will Cast Frostbite is the only Will Cast that is working normally. Perhaps examining that Will Cast to see if there is any difference in the programming from the other Will Casts may provide a clue as to what is blocking the other Will Casts.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
I just had my character maintenanced due to a bug on the inevitable betrayal quest and now I am unable to continue with the main quest line in Celestia. Has anyone run into this problem before? If so how do I fix it?

Survivor
Nov 01, 2015
Jasmine3429 on Aug 18, 2022 wrote:
Dude, you need 11 friends onine to start a guild, so this guy, like many others are just SOL, KI does not care. Guilds are for people who already have a wide friends group, they stated as much in the round table..

So unless you are in the popular club, forget guilds, its HS cliques all over again.
Oh well it looks like guilds of small groups are not allowed but maybe in the future.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
I discovered today that Solar Aegis is finally working ... almost.

It will function, but you still can't select a target to put the Absorb 300 on. When the Will-Cast is selected and the border glows white, it doesn't appear to be doing anything, but will still put an Absorb 300 on the owner wizard. So, it's acting like a Self-Only spell. Nowhere on the card does it imply it's Self-Only, unlike Ice Armor.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Jasmine3429 on Aug 18, 2022 wrote:

I have never agreed more with a post. I'll add to this astute assessment.

-Consider the long-time player who does not remove their long-time friends. Our friends lists have been full for years. If you (KI) want to give guilds/raids a chance to succeed for all wizards, give us unlimited friends lists. At the very least, start including friend-list-elixirs as a reward in Scroll of Fortunes.

-Let's not forget, the clan/guild leader must be maximum level (150).

-The clan/guild leader gets all the glory (from what I know). That's a setup for disaster.

KI, I would listen to what Jasmine3429 has said.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
stemogstel on Aug 24, 2022 wrote:
Pet Tome issue. I hatched for a new pet with my backpack full. I got the new pet which went to my bank, but it did not go into my Pet Tome. It is not being counted towards my total pets collected badge.

Here are 2 links for this issue:

www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/pet-lending-gold-display-bug-8ad6a42680fa11510181069c8c136534/8ad6a42680fa11510181069c8c2c6535?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a42680fa11510181069c8c2c6535

and

www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/pet-tome-bug-revisited-8ad6a4277fd9e296017fe047ba417a24/8ad6a4277fd9e296017fe047ba497a25?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4277fd9e296017fe047ba497a25

Please fix this.
Just go look at it in your bank.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Hi Spark!

I posted about an issue I found the other day, Im not sure what the cause of the problem is, but when fighting one of the new key bosses my Fire Scion spell was not adding the Enchantment damage from the Epic spell.

For more detail see my original post :

www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/scion-spell-issues-8ad6a42782a582260182cd5a73435d55?page=1

Survivor
May 01, 2013
So I just logged in a few days ago on my grandmaster wiz for only the second time since the update to PVP etc... and i noticed my overhead badge said Grandmaster Thuergist while I could see everyone else had their 4th Age Warlord over theirs. So I went looking for my 4th age badge and its not there. Last time I logged on it still clearly said Warlord above my head. Which I thought was odd because the new age had started and I expected it to say 4th age like it has always done when the age changes. My 4th age warlord rank just vanished? Also my rating has been downscaled to 928 which is incorrect. I have screenshots and in game content that clearly shows my rank when I last was one during 4th age. I stopped doing ranked matches last summer when PVP was changed every month. Ive only done tourney since. So why was my rank downgraded? Why no badge? Not any badge at all? I would certainly like it back since I earned it. Also My Ice wizard is missing hers as well. I worked really hard to earn my rank. Was on leader boards as well just to have it all vanish is a bit heart breaking.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
lalabugu on Aug 28, 2022 wrote:
So I just logged in a few days ago on my grandmaster wiz for only the second time since the update to PVP etc... and i noticed my overhead badge said Grandmaster Thuergist while I could see everyone else had their 4th Age Warlord over theirs. So I went looking for my 4th age badge and its not there. Last time I logged on it still clearly said Warlord above my head. Which I thought was odd because the new age had started and I expected it to say 4th age like it has always done when the age changes. My 4th age warlord rank just vanished? Also my rating has been downscaled to 928 which is incorrect. I have screenshots and in game content that clearly shows my rank when I last was one during 4th age. I stopped doing ranked matches last summer when PVP was changed every month. Ive only done tourney since. So why was my rank downgraded? Why no badge? Not any badge at all? I would certainly like it back since I earned it. Also My Ice wizard is missing hers as well. I worked really hard to earn my rank. Was on leader boards as well just to have it all vanish is a bit heart breaking.
Hello! I'll be talking to the team about your case and others about similar issues you are facing.

I completely understand where you are coming from and hope we can get a fix out soon.

Have a great day!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
The raid badges have at least 2 that are broken, they show up as all ????????. My guess is broken counters liike the 1k pet hatching badge, and ofc the infamous mayhem badges.

One is the first badge on page 2, the other is the second badge on page 3.

Perhaps you can deem to have someone look at this before it goes on for years.

Survivor
Feb 28, 2016
JoeIronsword99 on Aug 18, 2022 wrote:
I was farming High Loremagus and not a single gold key dropped. However both wooden and stone keys dropped instead. This is ridiculous. The Devs said wooden and stone keys are being phased out, yet they are still being dropped by a NEW boss. We should be able to exchange these keys for gold ones one for one. At least the spellement drops are very good.
Wooden keys are still dropping from High Loremagus even after the August 25th patch. I can link a screenshot if necessary. When phasing out stone and wooden keys, why not allow them to be used on the gold key locks. That way everyone who has some does not feel bad that they are useless and people will eventually run out once they are removed from all the drop pools.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Jasmine3429 on Aug 25, 2022 wrote:
Just go look at it in your bank.
I seem to have put the wrong link in that post.

Here are the 2 correct links from 2 separate Topics created for it.

Older topic link - www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/pet-tome-bug-8ad6a42579a7bc5c0179d728aff07804?page=1#getPostLikeHistory_8ad6a4267c78b4d6017c9590a82d156a

This link was accurately put in my post - www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/pet-tome-bug-revisited-8ad6a4277fd9e296017fe047ba417a24/8ad6a4277fd9e296017fe047ba497a25?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4277fd9e296017fe047ba497a25

I looked at the pets in my bank and they did not go in the Pet Tome.

Please click the links and read what KI said about it. I was told this:
" I want to let you all know that I have placed this problem in our monthly list of top issues, this can be seen by everyone at KI. I understand that this problem is annoying and needs to be dealt with so that players can get on with their pet collecting. Hopefully it can be resolved in a somewhat timely manor, we'll see. "

And then the Topic got Closed. I made a new topic and that too got Closed.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I have not made a Topic for the following issue, but I did get a reply from Support saying they will look into it. I asked Support if I should report this problem on the forums and they have yet to reply.

The Plant-All spell is not working for my 3 Beastmoon Planters.

For me, it allows me to plant-all ONE seed and then I have to plant the 3rd seed solo (defeating the purpose of planting-all).

I had some friends test theirs and it worked for some and not others. One friend even said Plant-All is not working on their regular planter (the one that plants 3 seeds).

I'll go make a new Topic for this problem right now.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
I have reported the issue regarding beastmoon hunt joining issue, and KI engineers are aware. I'm posting here for tracking purposes. It seems occasionally the timer to join the hunt goes into infinite reset cycle and does not allow one to join the hunt. Once this happens, that character will not be able join a hunt even after restarting the game.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2011
Novus Live Realm 2022

The epic enchanted ice spell Lord of Winter, freezes the game when I cast it and forces me to quit via task manager. Fortunately, the spell does go off and when I come back into the game I'm still in the fight.

I've not had any other issues with any other ice spells at this time, and I don't know if it's due to the trained epic enchant that I'm using, or if it's just a general bug with the spell itself.

I'd appreciate a look-see to find out what the problem is and then a fix for it.

Thanks KI! Awesome, awesome, awesome new world