Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Constant Disconnects Mid-game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 03, 2010
The past couple weeks I've been getting constant connection status issues that range from a freeze for a couple seconds or just permanently getting the disconnect symbol and having to Alt+F4 out of the game after several minutes. This happens pretty much anywhere, but it seems to happen the most often during the middle of battles which can be incredibly frustrating if you're close to finishing a long boss fight and have the quit the game.

I've checked my own connection, power cycled my router/modem, checked my computer's network configurations, done a DNS flush, checked firewalls and ports, and pretty much anything I can think of on my side to no avail. I have to think this is a server side issue as my internet has been working fine while these disconnects happen. I even ran a network monitor alongside the game and there were no spikes in ping nor drops in connection rate when I'm getting disconnected.

Is anyone else able to confirm whether this is a widespread issue and if so is there any acknowledgement from KI that this is happening or that they're looking into it?

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
I have the same issue, the game just randomly disconnects me from the server. Its never an issue on my end either.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
I am constantly getting disconnected as well. It has been happening for a month or so. When it happens during Beastmoon it is particularly frustrating because then I am banned for awhile.

Survivor
Jul 24, 2012
It's happening to me too. Some days it doesn't even happen but then other days its like every 5 minutes trying to play. They said to talk to my ISP and I did and they said its not on their end cause they can't even reach the IP they give us to tracert. But Wizard101 Support said it's not their end. I'm at a loss. And I have tried multiple different ISP with my friends and they can't even reach the IP either.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I have been having similar connection problems. I have noticed two things.
1. It is considerably more frequent when the test realm is active
2. I always use the stay in realm option and when I am first on I go to a random realm on the 2nd or 3rd page of realms. However I never stay in that realm. As soon and I go through an area change I am shifted up to a full or crowded realm. Shortly after I have movement glitches or disconnect.
What good is the "stay in realm" if as soon as you leave the area you are no longer in that realm?

Explorer
May 30, 2009
Just made a post about this before i saw this one. It's been happening to me and a few friends recently. All I'm trying to do is get out of Avalon. :/

Survivor
Feb 10, 2021
Happened to me about 3x in the past 30 minutes today. It usually happens once or twice a day, but today in beastmoon has been worse. Once again, it is not on my end because it is also happening to my brother who plays with me and lives on the other side of the country.