Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cantrips questions

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
1. It seems like you can only get experience by using spells of the same level you already are. If the goal is to get people to actually use cantrips, wouldn't it be more useful to gain experience from any level spell? Also, I made it to level 3 and so I now have only two spells (major invisibility and roll dice) I can use to level up. (unless I want to get a TC Mana II or to the Basilica, but given I'm a max Wizard, I don't run out of mana or need to go to the Basilica).

2. Why doesn't invisibility last past the first "door"? When I cast minor or major invisibility, the invisibility disappears as soon as I teleport somewhere or go through a door that requires a transition screen.

3. At the rate I'm gaining experience, it's not worth the time to cast waste-of-time spells to get to higher levels to get the spells that will be of use to me (or others). If there were useful lower level utility spells in addition to (what I imagine are supposed to be) social/game spells, I'd be more inclined to continue.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I've been having some of the same questions as you. Here are my working theories.

1. They don't want you to level up in the system too quickly right now. Sigil Support Cantrips are still in development and when those are released they want to do it slowly.

2. Loading a new instance requires loading new everything, this would include cantrips. What I still don't know is why the 15 minute version of invisibility is dispelled if you move, when the shorter duration ones are not (just while you're moving). I would love to have a long version that lasted the full 15 minutes

3. You don't have to engage in the system. However, this is also just the first phase. I think more spells (i.e Sigil Support Cantrips) will be added in the future. In the mean time they are largely just social/fun things.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Monsterology kind of works the same way, but its within 2 levels of your rank, no exact level. As they add new spells it will be easier to level. Currently you can only get to Rank 9, and you need to craft a ton of TCs to do it. I finished quite awhile ago, so its possible, just a grind like everything else.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Invisibility only works if you do not move, once you move you become visible.