Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blimp Pet Hybrids

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2017
Hello! I read that the blimp pet hybrids aren't working, meaning if I try to hatch two parents (such as Blimp Buddy and Blimp Pal) it is impossible to get the hybrid pet (Blimp Sidekick in this example) as a result. I was just wondering if this problem is still occurring, as just a day or two ago I saw someone say that it was still bugged in a response to someone saying they tried 15+ times with no success. As pet hatches have a very long cooldown, I want to make sure it is possible to acquire the hybrid pet before using my cooldown on it. Thank you!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Champion of the Ma... on May 28, 2022 wrote:
Hello! I read that the blimp pet hybrids aren't working, meaning if I try to hatch two parents (such as Blimp Buddy and Blimp Pal) it is impossible to get the hybrid pet (Blimp Sidekick in this example) as a result. I was just wondering if this problem is still occurring, as just a day or two ago I saw someone say that it was still bugged in a response to someone saying they tried 15+ times with no success. As pet hatches have a very long cooldown, I want to make sure it is possible to acquire the hybrid pet before using my cooldown on it. Thank you!
I had no idea, could explain why I keep getting fails :(.

Survivor
May 28, 2017
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Champion of the Ma... on Jun 3, 2022 wrote:
Will Kingsisle let us know when they are fixed?
Dont think they read halstons tbh, maybe put in a ticket.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Hey all, I've noted this issue and will raise it to the team to get it looked at asap! Sorry for the lack of communication on the forum, I'd like to be more active but I've been a busy boi!

With that being said, it's no excuse to not be transparent and responsive. Hopefully we can get this fixed, once I find out there is some resolution on this issue, I'll be sure to post here for you! Have a great day!

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
After 2 weeks of hatching every day I finally got one of the hybrids, Blimp Friend. So apparently they still work, just incredibly hard to get.

Survivor
May 28, 2017
Jasmine3429 on Jun 13, 2022 wrote:
After 2 weeks of hatching every day I finally got one of the hybrids, Blimp Friend. So apparently they still work, just incredibly hard to get.
That's really interesting. I think the same might be the case for other hybrid pets, as I tried like, a dozen times for the Mini Fire Shark with Sea Courser + Mini Death Shark, and witnessed someone else try half a dozen times right in a row, and in both cases no one got a hybrid. This is interesting because around when the sharks first came out, I hatched a Sea Courser with my friend and he got Mini Fire Shark first try.
In the past I got the Fire, Ice, and Storm variant of SweetCitrus Bear by hatching with Wartles in 1-3 tries, but recently tried to get the Life version through the same method, but failed after over half a dozen tries. A friend said they tried to get the same Life gummy bear pet and tried over a dozen times, but never go it and eventually gave up.