Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cantrips and more fun and functionailty!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
The cantrip system is really quite cool, and I'd love to see it expanded in a future update.

Here's a few ideas for additional cantrips that I came up with. Maybe these could be at a higher level since there's a bit of a gap for the second teleport effect:

Shrink Self:
Turns your wizard into a very small version of themselves (like on the Trolley mount) for a limited time.

Grow Self:
Turn your wizard into a larger version of themselves (maybe the height of a cyclops?) for a limited time.

Speed Up:
Gain a small speed boost (maybe 5%?) for a limited time.

Selfie:
Create a magical floating camera that points towards your wizard, who poses, and the camera flash goes off.

Pick a Card:
Create a floating deck of cards and draw one out at random from the deck. These could be themed wizard101 cards or regular playing cards.

Fetch:
Throw a magical pet snack that attracts nearby pets to the location of the cantrip.

Celebration:
Create party balloons and confetti in a small area with a triumphant "Huzzah" horn sound.

I would also love to see more multi-player interaction cantrips, where both players can cast something at each other to get a boost of some sort. These could be social, or give in game bonuses, like letting players:

High-Five:
Point and click on a player (friends only). Float and perform a mid-air high-five. When landing, gain a temporary buff (a single health wisp, mana wisp, or stat buff, like speed).

Delver
Mar 10, 2015
I like cantrips as someone who likes DnD- albeit only 3.0 and not the new ones. Kingsisle's implementation of cantrips is lack luster, albeit an improvement. I want cantrips that we use in combat. I am unsure if kingsisle paid to the wizards of the coast for the right to use them- if you did not, YOU MUST legally before your sued lol.

Cantrip School Identity

Balance= wizard,
Death= sorcerer
Storm= soul knife / assassin
Myth= lore master
life= bard
fire= prokinetics
ice= paladin
shadow= shadow dancer
astral= psion, druid, monk

1) eldritch blast: You would do this on fellow wizards in PvP to stun them.
2) fire ball: used to break ice shields
3) Acid splash: used to break life shields
4)Electric Jolt: break myth shields
5)ray of frost: break fire shields
6) sonic snap: break storm shields
7) Fatigue: break death shields

You would select these for cantrips, these cost 0 mana, and are always available, they have a secondary deck, of 4 squares to the left of where you pick spells.

Others: [cost 15 energy to use]

Amanuensis: used on a treasure card to duplicate it, lasts until you log out
Arcane Mark: guarantees going first against a target
Repair Minor Damage: spawns a whips, that heals either mana or health
Flare: used to remove stun shields [2], pve only
Caltrops [used before combat], enemy loses two pips.

Cantrip Damage Scaling:

1) cantrips should do as much damage as your wand hits. At lvl 150, our cantrips would do 180 per hit.

Re-working Wands:

Add enchanting to wands, to give them WILL- Casts. Aka conditionals that will occur every 1-8 rounds if you do certain things. These could be rewards for optional ACTUALLY HARD BOSSES- NO THE DEOVURER IS NOT HARD.

eg;

1) Detonate [6 rounds primed], after 6 rounds your next aoe will be detonated, at 25% dmg. Time for max effect.

2) Soul siphon: Think of soul shroud from Pirate101, if you give your enemy a like [based of school identity] you will drain them for X, Y. [do not shield against ice, do not blade against storm etc]

3) summon 0 pip minion on X, Y every Z rounds.

4) Corruption: any heal cast by players on Z round, will heal for 0. Priority 1, and goes first [global].

5) Malediction: every round damage enemy 1% of their total HP [banned from pvp]

6) Echo: any spell cast on the 10th round, will be cast again doing 10% effectiveness.

7) dodge: upon casting stun shield, the following round, all hits and heals will do 0.[9 round cool down].

The above are examples. You would need to have pvp and pve exclusive cantrips. It would make the game a lot more fun and mix up combat so that its not the same thing always in PvE. Rashamboo spells are great, shame they are pvp only.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2016
Cantrips has plenty of potential for fun & practical use. One suggestion re teleporting cantrips: A lot of people have collections of teleport tapestries (or at least can access them via castle tours). Rather than being redundant & crafting cantrips teleport abilities to places we can already go via tapestry & world gate (without using precious energy), how about spells to transport places that dont have tapestry access. Avalon has a number of tapestries making porting pretty convenient, but Mooshu only has one for Jade palace, there's one rather inconvenient one for Zafaria... etc. Hope you would consider this idea. Thanks.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Lukeskywalker1313 on May 3, 2022 wrote:
I like cantrips as someone who likes DnD- albeit only 3.0 and not the new ones. Kingsisle's implementation of cantrips is lack luster, albeit an improvement. I want cantrips that we use in combat. I am unsure if kingsisle paid to the wizards of the coast for the right to use them- if you did not, YOU MUST legally before your sued lol.

Cantrip School Identity

Balance= wizard,
Death= sorcerer
Storm= soul knife / assassin
Myth= lore master
life= bard
fire= prokinetics
ice= paladin
shadow= shadow dancer
astral= psion, druid, monk

1) eldritch blast: You would do this on fellow wizards in PvP to stun them.
2) fire ball: used to break ice shields
3) Acid splash: used to break life shields
4)Electric Jolt: break myth shields
5)ray of frost: break fire shields
6) sonic snap: break storm shields
7) Fatigue: break death shields

You would select these for cantrips, these cost 0 mana, and are always available, they have a secondary deck, of 4 squares to the left of where you pick spells.

Others: [cost 15 energy to use]

Amanuensis: used on a treasure card to duplicate it, lasts until you log out
Arcane Mark: guarantees going first against a target
Repair Minor Damage: spawns a whips, that heals either mana or health
Flare: used to remove stun shields [2], pve only
Caltrops [used before combat], enemy loses two pips.

Cantrip Damage Scaling:

1) cantrips should do as much damage as your wand hits. At lvl 150, our cantrips would do 180 per hit.

Re-working Wands:

Add enchanting to wands, to give them WILL- Casts. Aka conditionals that will occur every 1-8 rounds if you do certain things. These could be rewards for optional ACTUALLY HARD BOSSES- NO THE DEOVURER IS NOT HARD.

eg;

1) Detonate [6 rounds primed], after 6 rounds your next aoe will be detonated, at 25% dmg. Time for max effect.

2) Soul siphon: Think of soul shroud from Pirate101, if you give your enemy a like [based of school identity] you will drain them for X, Y. [do not shield against ice, do not blade against storm etc]

3) summon 0 pip minion on X, Y every Z rounds.

4) Corruption: any heal cast by players on Z round, will heal for 0. Priority 1, and goes first [global].

5) Malediction: every round damage enemy 1% of their total HP [banned from pvp]

6) Echo: any spell cast on the 10th round, will be cast again doing 10% effectiveness.

7) dodge: upon casting stun shield, the following round, all hits and heals will do 0.[9 round cool down].

The above are examples. You would need to have pvp and pve exclusive cantrips. It would make the game a lot more fun and mix up combat so that its not the same thing always in PvE. Rashamboo spells are great, shame they are pvp only.
Cantrip is an old word. It's not a new one. That's like you can't Copyright the word "sandwich". Peak usage of the word is back in the 1870s.

Besides, "Words and short phrases, such as names, titles, and slogans are generally not protected, even if they are original or distinctive."

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Would it be possible to reorganize the way that Spellements are in the menu? Currently it's in the order that they are received and it's quite a mess. It would be better to organize them by type or rank in my opinion. Or in frequency of use.

It would also be awesome if we could have "favorites" as well as It would also be helpful if it would "remember" what tab you used. So if I am on the Teleport Cantrips Tab, that it stays that way.