Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire Tokens

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Trained a dapper corgi to mega today for no other reason but to get a fire token (no fires on this account), imagine my disappointment when I got aa storm token.

Is this normal?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I posted this as a bug days ago, does KI even read these things? This is a pretty big issue considering elemental retriever exists

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
One week since I posted this bug, if KI is not even reviewing the bugs section, why do we have a forum?

It is bad enough I have to mega fire pets I have no use for just to get fire tokens for elemental retriever, but to spend all that energy and snacks to get a storm token from a fire pet is maddening.

Has to be a bug, I have NEVER gotten a fire token from a storm pet and have mega plenty of those.

At least acknowledge someone at KI actually read my post, thanks!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Can someone at KI please respond to Jasmine3429?

I'll give my own response in the meantime.

First, I only level up pets when we have double-reagent-member-benefit. I've been Ultra-ing every pet I have just to get those tokens. And I have many bad-talented pets. All Ultra pets should give their school token with the chance at another. I don't remember what I got at Mega.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2012
I've heard that Fire pets are supposed to have a chance to get Storm and Ice tokens from training to Mega though?
They just have a much greater chance to get Fire tokens instead. The same is true for Ice and Storm, and I'd imagine it also holds for the Myth/Life/Death trio.

I've only trained pets and got 2 Ice tokens, and 1 Storm token. It's a very small sample size, but I'm sure you can ask around for other people's experience with drop rates.

As far as I know, it's intended. Otherwise there wouldn't be a rate and instead just be completely independent of the element of the pet, wouldn't it? Random.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Sebastian12205 on May 11, 2022 wrote:
I've heard that Fire pets are supposed to have a chance to get Storm and Ice tokens from training to Mega though?
They just have a much greater chance to get Fire tokens instead. The same is true for Ice and Storm, and I'd imagine it also holds for the Myth/Life/Death trio.

I've only trained pets and got 2 Ice tokens, and 1 Storm token. It's a very small sample size, but I'm sure you can ask around for other people's experience with drop rates.

As far as I know, it's intended. Otherwise there wouldn't be a rate and instead just be completely independent of the element of the pet, wouldn't it? Random.
This is not what KI said when explaining getting tokens for retriever talents.

My biggest issue with this is I have NO fire wizard, training a pet I do not need to mega just to get the wrong token is beyond frustrating.

Since it is an elemental retriever, why can I not use Storm or Ice of Fire tokens?

And what is the point of this forum to report bugs if no one from KI can even acknowledge that I read it?

Explorer
Mar 28, 2009
Jasmine3429 on May 16, 2022 wrote:
This is not what KI said when explaining getting tokens for retriever talents.

My biggest issue with this is I have NO fire wizard, training a pet I do not need to mega just to get the wrong token is beyond frustrating.

Since it is an elemental retriever, why can I not use Storm or Ice of Fire tokens?

And what is the point of this forum to report bugs if no one from KI can even acknowledge that I read it?
You do NOT need to train up a Fire pet to get a Fire token. I get Fire tokens all the time with Ice and Storm, even Balance pets. You do, however, need to train the pets up to Mega and Ultra.

At least Elemental Retriever exists and actually works. I have many pets with Adventure Talents like Finder and Hunter that don't work at all -- now that is beyond frustrating, and no one from Kingsisle has acknowledged those issues either. All they did was cut the cool downs and make it so that the pet doesn't even open the chest any more.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Halloween Chick on May 17, 2022 wrote:
You do NOT need to train up a Fire pet to get a Fire token. I get Fire tokens all the time with Ice and Storm, even Balance pets. You do, however, need to train the pets up to Mega and Ultra.

At least Elemental Retriever exists and actually works. I have many pets with Adventure Talents like Finder and Hunter that don't work at all -- now that is beyond frustrating, and no one from Kingsisle has acknowledged those issues either. All they did was cut the cool downs and make it so that the pet doesn't even open the chest any more.

I have 5 million pets I have trained over the years, the only fire tokens I have ever gotten is from my corgis. the patch notes did not state it was a "chance" at a fire token at mega.

I still want to here from KI why this is how it is. As I stated I have no fire wizard, I do have ice and storm, they have plenty of mega pets, 0 fire tokens.

So how in the world am I ever supposed to unlock elemental retrieverer if there is no reliable way to get fire tokens? Just keep training pets I do not need to mega? That is pretty lame.

For that matter, why is the recipe not fire or ice or storm tokens?

Maybe some day KI will read this and give a real answer.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I have no fire wizard, yet I need fire tokens. Am I just supposed to train 30 pets to mega that I do not need and hope rng is in my favor?

Someone from KI NEEDS to address this I am sick of the silence and at the end of my rope, what in the world is this sub forum for??? What is the point of reporting bugs no one from KI will acknowledge?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I have now trained 4 fire pets to mega, pets I do not need. I have gotten 1 fire token and 3 STORM tokens, at this rate I might have 10 by christmas.

HOW is this not a bug?