Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cantrips Chests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
I have seen cantrips chests in Marleybone and Mooshu. Nowhere else. Don't know if I'm just missing them or if they aren't anywhere else. Are they in all worlds or just worlds before Dragonspyre? And if not in higher level worlds, how is that better than farming a boss in a lower world? Higher levels need to be able to find them while questing. Not having to spend howers realm-hopping looking for chests in lower worlds. How is that better than farming bosses in the lower world?
Evelyn

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Alexis Silverdust on Apr 30, 2022 wrote:
I have seen cantrips chests in Marleybone and Mooshu. Nowhere else. Don't know if I'm just missing them or if they aren't anywhere else. Are they in all worlds or just worlds before Dragonspyre? And if not in higher level worlds, how is that better than farming a boss in a lower world? Higher levels need to be able to find them while questing. Not having to spend howers realm-hopping looking for chests in lower worlds. How is that better than farming bosses in the lower world?
Evelyn
Congrats on having 2 friends to open them with. Do they even have anything worth bothering with or is it another chance at a chance thing?

Survivor
Jan 05, 2015
i am using cantrips and not getting any exp for it is this a bug or what am i doing wrong to get the exp other wise this way to use them is a waste energy that can be spent else where. if its a bug ki you need to fix this

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Hey there,

I know cantrips are confusing at first but they might be cool one day.

However, I don't know if it is a bug or not but currently you only gain experience from the cantrip if its rank is the same as your Cantrips level!

Meaning,
Level 1: you can spam magic touch to level up

Level 2: you can spam the rain spell or Rock Paper Scissors

Level 3: you can spam the 15 minute invisibility

Level 4: Cauldron TCs - you have to craft level 4 cards, I Did sneak but you can pick yours.

Level 5: More Tcs - I picked mana radiance 3

Level 6: You can mark a spot with the learnable spell and spam the teleport to it ( Or craft Tcs)

Level 7: Your only option is to craft Healing Radiance IV . At this time there is nothing else.

Level 8: I crafted a few Fishing Luck IV and the Heal/Mana Radiance IV. (Both fish for the fishing one can be caught in sardonyx, Khrysalis)

And as of now my main wizard is Cantrips Level 9 !

There are 10 badges that show available in game however there are not any Level 9 or 10 Cantrips, which actively ends cantrips once you get to level 9.

Until the next update this is all we have! :)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
You have to use Cantrips that are the same Rank as your current Cantrip level. You then earn XP equal to the amount of energy spent.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
I've been actively searching for them in mooshu and marleybone and have found 1 total in an hour, they are wayyyy too scarce imo.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
The rank of the Cantrip must match your Cantrip rank. Once you reach rank 2 in Cantrips, then none of the spells you got at rank 1 will give you XP anymore.

There are a lot of decisions made about Cantrips that I don't like. This is one of them. Another one of them being that Flourishes (the ones that just display a fun little animation) cost any energy at all. Energy is important for systems such as Gardening that give us something in return, so wasting them for Flourishes is not good at all.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Torpzun26 on May 6, 2022 wrote:
The rank of the Cantrip must match your Cantrip rank. Once you reach rank 2 in Cantrips, then none of the spells you got at rank 1 will give you XP anymore.

There are a lot of decisions made about Cantrips that I don't like. This is one of them. Another one of them being that Flourishes (the ones that just display a fun little animation) cost any energy at all. Energy is important for systems such as Gardening that give us something in return, so wasting them for Flourishes is not good at all.
This, this is the biggest problem I have with Cantrips.

I can understand Cantrips that actually have an effect on gameplay costing energy and thus being less likely used ad nauseum ad absurdum. But Flourishes? and things not effecting gameplay? these should not be depleting an already limited resource. Especially when that resource is already drawn upon for Pet Training, Fishing, and Gardening.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
Are the chest for cantrip magic on all worlds? if they are, could you make a list of the general area where they are?

Thanks,
Bill

Explorer
Dec 20, 2014
I saw a cantrip chest in Dragonspere but could not open it. There were no other players around to help and no one active on my friend list. Waste of time looking for them if they can't be opened.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
knightshadow256 on May 10, 2022 wrote:
Are the chest for cantrip magic on all worlds? if they are, could you make a list of the general area where they are?

Thanks,
Bill
Hey there, currently Cantrip Chests only reside in Krokotopia to Dragonspyre. Although eventually this may change. Hope this helped!