Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reworking Bad Juju for PvP

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 16, 2014
First off, the PvE version of Bad Juju is fine and does not need a change.
I brought up the issue of Bad Juju being extremely unbalanced in PvP during Test Realm, so I wanted to finish off the discussion. What majority agreed on was the "25% MaxHP" cost of Bad Juju needed to be changed, but the new value was not discussed.

My findings are below but here's a quick summary:
  • Using Bad Juju in PvP was already costly to begin with
  • Due to the major health increase at level 130 from gear, the 25% MaxHP cost is even worse
My solution is to either change the PvP cost of the original Bad Juju, or add a new level 130+ Bad Juju for PvP only (similar to how the Scions are). The result, after some balancing was this:

===========================================================
(Adding along a pet with +22% damage and +15% universal resist to the gear's stats for reference)

At Level 75
Looking at a level 75 wizard, the level Bad Juju can be obtained, 25% MaxHP was actually not that much damage. While equipping Waterworks gear, this meant taking around 750-850 damage. This simply meant hitting yourself a +35% Wraith through resist.
  • this 3 pip spell is worth about 9 pips of damage
Conclusion: this seems somewhat fair.

At Level 100
Looking at a level 100 wizard, 25% MaxHP meant taking around 1250-1350 damage. However while equipping Darkmoor/Morganthe gear, your damage and resist do not change that much compared to Waterworks gear, as well you could now have around 30% pierce. Since there is a better chance to critical at this level, this would again mean hitting yourself a non-critical Wraith or a critical Skeletal Pirate, both with a +35% Deathblade.
  • 25 levels later and it is more easy to deal 25% MaxHP
  • this 3 pip spell is now worth 15 pips of damage, or 9 pips of shadow-enchanted damage
Conclusion: this is similar compared to level 75, so it still seems somewhat fair.

At Level 130+
Looking at a level 130+ wizard, 25% HP means taking 2250-2500 damage. At this level we have traded the damage/critical on our robes and resist on our hats for mainly health, thus once again your damage, resist, and pierce do not change that much compared to Darkmoor/Morganthe. If anything you can wear the Darkmoor hat for more resist, but then you lose damage and health. This now means hitting yourself with a Avenging Fossil (DoT included) or a 7 pip Grim Reader, both critical or with +30%.
  • 30 levels later and it is now more difficult to deal 25% MaxHP
  • this 3 pip spell is now worth 28 pips of damage, or 23 pips of shadow-enchanted damage
Conclusion: UNBALANCED!!!

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
The 500 Moon damage is based on level 75+, so if this is set for 130+ then the base damage should be around 650.