Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Update Krokotopia and Mooshu Textures

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
So I'm an avid young wizard and I cannot help but think that the old textures for Krokotopia and Mooshu are kind of bland to look at. Of course, these textures can be accessed via Classic Mode. I've played Pirate101 a ton, and I've gotten so used to the cool, zen look of Pirate101 Mooshu.

So here's my suggestion but shortened:

Update the textures for Krokotopia and Mooshu, although they can be accessed through Classic Mode still.

What would they look like? I don't know. I guess for Krokotopia, we could have a more dusty, refurbished sand look, while the pyramids look a bit better but scratchy and old-looking, because of Krokotopia's old-Egyptian aesthetic.

I kinda want a better looking bamboo and ground texture for Mooshu. Sure, it is nostalgic, but it would be cool to try something new.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2018
I believe arc 1 + celestia needs a larger update to match the newer standards of world quality. Krokotopia looks very basic and rough compared to Lemuria. We are on a floating set of sand islands, yet the sand is dated and the models are very sharp/rigid. Models are also based more on texture vs having real depth which is a huge impact. Classic Niles vs new Niles shows what the world should/could look like if updated beyond just textures.

I think worlds should have some part/area that shows more of the population. Like seeing houses and places of activity to have the world be alive vs just areas of big threat. Marley bone does good with this, and Zafaria is another place that does good with this because of more buildings and seeing shops/vendors of where the population go during the day.