Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug or misunderstanding?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 29, 2020
Hi!

I have been playing beastmoon for quite a while and even managed to get a hold of 3 idols. however when i try to use them to unlock characters for beastmoon it says i have 0/1 idols necessary to do so. even though i literally have them in my backpack. what do i do?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
You need a Gold Idol first to unlock the character as well as enough lunari to actually do the transaction.

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
In order to unlock (for the very first time) a particular beastmoon type, you need a GOLD idol for that particular beastmoon form AND School. The Gold idols are a reward given during a Beastmoon event when you have obtained about 400 or so points during the event. They can also be crafted with 10 moongold dust at the crafter - however, this crafter is only available during the non-PVP type beastmoon event, and that is also when the moongold dust rewards get dropped.

So first check to see what Beastmoon type it is and the school. For example, if you want to unlock the Storm Wolf form, you need the Gold Idol for the Storm Wolf type.

Second of all, are you sure you are trying to unlock a Beastmoon type and not trying to upgrade a form? In order to upgrade a form, the Beastmoon type needs to be first unlocked. Some of the Beastmoon types are already unlocked (otherwise a new first time player would not be able to play at all). To unlock other types, you need the gold idol. Next is UPGRADING a beastmoon form. There are 2 types of upgrades - a Tier Upgrade, and a Level Upgrade. A level upgrade typically requires some beastmoon MOONSTONES and some lunari. For example, to upgrade to second level for many forms usually requires a couple of hunters moonstones and 50 lunari. The next upgrade type is a TIER upgrade.

The TIER upgrade is the expensive one. This upgrade not only permanently raises your tier, but your level at the same time. So going to Level 2 TIER increases the number of you can buy in your beastmoon side deck AND permanently raises your level for that beastmoon type to level 2 as well. A LEVEL upgrade increases the number and level of the spells you get in your deck, and at higher upgrade levels, the number of cards in your hand (i.e. 4 or higher instead of 3 at lower level).

The Tier upgrade generally requires some beastmoon idol reagents (NOT the same as the gold idol reagent) and some higher amount of Lunari (600 I think to go to the second tier). The beastmoon idol reagents drop during beastmoon events you participate in, AND they are also garden rewards for when you plant beastmoon seeds and harvest them. The idol reagents dropped depend on the seed type. For example, if you plant and harvest a Lifemoon seed, it drops a couple of different types of Life Idol reagents. These reagents are used when upgrading the TIER of any of the Life school type of Beastmoon forms (for example, the life fairy, or the life colossus).

It sounds like you might be trying to upgrade a Tier for a beastmoon type, and you only have one of maybe 3 required Idol reagents in order to do that. If that is not the case, then maybe you are running into a bug.

Hope this helps.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
There are two kinds of idols for each form. One is a Gold Idol. You must have that one to unlock the form. Then you need the other idol, that is colored to the school, to upgrade the tier of that form.
It could be the idols you have are not the Gold Idol. It will be labeled Gold Storm Elf for instance.
FYI: Mayhem anvil offers the ability to craft 3 assorted Gold Idols every event. It is a good way to obtain Gold Idols.
One Gold Idol is always a reward drop in the Hunt version of Beastmoon.
If you do have a Gold Idol and it won't work at the Form upgrade station, you might want to send a message to KI in the help area.