Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Revert Storm Accuracy

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
Why is the storm spells only 65 accuracy instead of 70 now? Storm fizzled enough with 70!

My storm has 195/176% damage. 102% pip chance, 18 Pierce, I don’t need resist with the team I have and it would have been PERFECT if the storm spells were still 70% imma cry cause I only have 31% accuracy. Is there any chance you’ll change it back to 70? Please!!

Explorer
Jul 25, 2010
Hey, only a few storm spells have 65% accuracy. These include Glowbug Squall, Rusalka's Wrath, Iron Sulton, Scion of Storm, Sound of Musicology, Queen Calypso, and Beary Surprise. All other storm spells have 70%-100% accuracy.

Defender
Dec 27, 2014
pinerat on Feb 6, 2022 wrote:
Why is the storm spells only 65 accuracy instead of 70 now? Storm fizzled enough with 70!

My storm has 195/176% damage. 102% pip chance, 18 Pierce, I don’t need resist with the team I have and it would have been PERFECT if the storm spells were still 70% imma cry cause I only have 31% accuracy. Is there any chance you’ll change it back to 70? Please!!
I completely agree all the newer shadow spells should be the base for all schools eg Life 90% Fire 75% Ice 80% etc etc.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
smokey123443 on Feb 15, 2022 wrote:
Hey, only a few storm spells have 65% accuracy. These include Glowbug Squall, Rusalka's Wrath, Iron Sulton, Scion of Storm, Sound of Musicology, Queen Calypso, and Beary Surprise. All other storm spells have 70%-100% accuracy.
This is true. As a matter of fact, poor accuracy is one of the defining traits of the Storm School, with high power counteracted by frailty and low accuracy.

I don't feel this needs to change, nor do I want it to. If OP is looking for ways to improve their Storm accuracy, Accurate Jewels are a desirable pick. Malistaire's Cloak of Flux also gives good accuracy along with a good boost to other stats.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
pinerat on Feb 6, 2022 wrote:

high level storm gear compensates with good accuracy boosts - and you can also attach gems with accuracy boosts.

Too many storm are so focused on high damage, though, that they don't use the accuracy boosts gear.

high damage is nice and all, but try being balanced in your gear

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
W101 has spells that are stronger than normal and these spells have a -5% accuracy nerf to compensate it. In the future you should expect even more powerful spells that have a -10% accuracy nerf (maybe double shadow pip hits?)

Also hitting schools have an advantage when it comes to buffs because most buffs have 100% accuracy. So if a storm has +35% and a life has +15%, a -30% accuracy debuff will be ineffective against the storm using Stormblade while the life has a 15% chance to fizzle. TC Infallible or Flawless just makes it even more broken countering a -50% debuff.