Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Crashes Randomly

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 21, 2018
Just randomly out of no where, my game has the tendency to just freeze and crash. The times ive had it happen is after defeating a boss, and when a Team Up started and I got into a fight with a mob. After I clicked a spell, my game just froze and wouldnt register anymore until I restarted. I have no idea how to reproduce because of how random it is.

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
This is happening to me and my friend as well and is very annoying. It will happen randomly during anything I am doing. It is so frustrating. Sometimes it will unfreeze itself and other times I have to forcefully close out the game completely and relog back in. There have been times I have been fighting and it will do this. Sometimes I have to wait til the next round when it will clear up but sometimes not and then I am suck there until I can relog on and then I am defeated and stuck in another battle because I am ghosting. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
since the crashes aren't happening to everyone, it's most likely something on your specific computer system.

make sure you're not running any other applications on your machine in the background

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
This is amazing 'cause I made my own Topic (not seeing this one) about crashing in the Deckathalon while about to pick the card for an 8.2 killshot which would had earned me 11 event points allowing me to advance with my health intact. First I reported it to Support who had replied it must be my computer because no one else has reported such an issue!! Ain't that amazing?

Oh, btw, this was a most crucial time for the game to crash as I was vying for possibly a Top 3 trophy. I finished 5th but definitely would had faired better had the crash not occur.

And to anyone who thinks crashes do not happen to most, think again. The truth is most people do not waste their time reporting things like this all the time. People just want to get on with the game. Instea of assuming this isn't happening to others, a better response you should be giving is to ask if anyone else has experience game crashes.