Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

please provide a way to opt out of pip conservation

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
This is one of those things that seem like a good idea, but for a lot of players it's a headache.

Most of us try for a full set of power pips, and to suddenly have a white pip taking up the space where a power pip should be is annoying.

And then we have to make sure we have 1 pip stuff we can cast to get rid of it.

We could just not use the gear with pip conservation on it, but we need the stat boosts.

Please impliment a way for players that don't want to be forced to deal with single pips to opt out of pip conservation - a setting on the account would be one solution, a setting on each piece of gear would be another.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
crystalwizard12345... on Dec 3, 2021 wrote:
This is one of those things that seem like a good idea, but for a lot of players it's a headache.

Most of us try for a full set of power pips, and to suddenly have a white pip taking up the space where a power pip should be is annoying.

And then we have to make sure we have 1 pip stuff we can cast to get rid of it.

We could just not use the gear with pip conservation on it, but we need the stat boosts.

Please impliment a way for players that don't want to be forced to deal with single pips to opt out of pip conservation - a setting on the account would be one solution, a setting on each piece of gear would be another.

Pip conserve also turns white pips into power pips if your bar is full. Using a spell that gives pips also does the same. I also don't really know of any content that you need exactly 14 pips for.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Robobot1747 on Dec 7, 2021 wrote:
Pip conserve also turns white pips into power pips if your bar is full. Using a spell that gives pips also does the same. I also don't really know of any content that you need exactly 14 pips for.
This is true.

For example if you have 74% pip conversion you have a chance of turning your white pips into power pips, but this is only once you have 7 pips total.

Thus, if you have 7 pips it might take a while for one to convert to a power pip unless you have good conversion %.

But also you could just use a spell the following turn that costs you 1 or 3 pips and then you will be able to earn a power pip the following turn and by then it wouldn't really matter.

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
Robobot1747 on Dec 7, 2021 wrote:
Or just simply get 100% power pip chance

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
Do you also avoid arc 3 and 4 Decks that give a bonus pip for this same reason? It seems awfully inconvenient to not be able to use a 7-pip AoE attack on the second turn.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
"I also don't really know of any content that you need exactly 14 pips for."

Maxing a X pip spell maybe but that cost at least 7 turn and you end with no pip so i dont recommend this strategy often

but i agree with the idea of having an alternative set and not only upgraded version with always sames stats

Survivor
Apr 26, 2011
I'm gonna be honest, I don't think this is a feature that needs to be added, but I guess if you're going for something specific it would make some peoples lives easier. Just a very few though. I rarely see anyone going for max pips on purpose these days, almost no point.