Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lunari via Beastmoon Blossoms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2013
I believe that it would be effective alternative to earn a small amount of lunari (3-10 lunari each elder harvest) rather than the battle coins that we presently get while harvesting beastmoon blossoms. I personally find that I always have max battle coins which is nice, however, I feel like earning that currency by playing beastmoon makes more sense as we can only use that currency within the beastmoon battles. Lunari, rather, is used for leveling up beastmoon forms, earning badges, etc. which for a completionist player like my self, is a time consuming process that we only get one to two weeks out of the month to actually run.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
Giving lunari through beastmoon gardening would be too easy. You wouldn't even need to play the game to get lunari. And since you don't need to play the game to get regular beastmoon seeds you just have to harvest 10 plants, people would just garden to get lunari, and it'd be too easy to level up beasts. All you'd have to do is garden during the time between events and you can just level up all the beasts giving you 50 points every day. You need 460 points to get to get to the gold idol reward and by leveling up a beast 5 times a day you have 8 days to do it (if you level up again after 11pm on last day) you'd get to 400 points. harvest 60 plants in that week, you wouldn't even have to play the game to unlock the beasts. and then you wouldn't need a reason to save up lunari to upgrade the tier.

of course, they can always remove that point system.

But even then, there's many other flaws to this that will cause problems, the biggest being less and less people will play cause they won't need to in order to get lunari. Especially if they just want the stitches.

you also wouldn't need to play the game to get the badges. Maybe a handful each event to get the seeds, and then by harvesting 10 plants on every character, each event, and consistent gardening, (especailly wiwth gardening benefit elixirs and hasty harvest, energy gear and elixirs) they would just be spoon feeding the lunari to you.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
pinerat on Sep 13, 2021 wrote:
Giving lunari through beastmoon gardening would be too easy. You wouldn't even need to play the game to get lunari. And since you don't need to play the game to get regular beastmoon seeds you just have to harvest 10 plants, people would just garden to get lunari, and it'd be too easy to level up beasts. All you'd have to do is garden during the time between events and you can just level up all the beasts giving you 50 points every day. You need 460 points to get to get to the gold idol reward and by leveling up a beast 5 times a day you have 8 days to do it (if you level up again after 11pm on last day) you'd get to 400 points. harvest 60 plants in that week, you wouldn't even have to play the game to unlock the beasts. and then you wouldn't need a reason to save up lunari to upgrade the tier.

of course, they can always remove that point system.

But even then, there's many other flaws to this that will cause problems, the biggest being less and less people will play cause they won't need to in order to get lunari. Especially if they just want the stitches.

you also wouldn't need to play the game to get the badges. Maybe a handful each event to get the seeds, and then by harvesting 10 plants on every character, each event, and consistent gardening, (especailly wiwth gardening benefit elixirs and hasty harvest, energy gear and elixirs) they would just be spoon feeding the lunari to you.
What's the point of getting Lunari if you're not going to do Beastmoon?

I personally would prefer that they did offer some Lunari in addition the Battle Coins, but I know that they have Lunari from in-BM games only by design. To add to that, I think your point while valid, gets to the point of exaggeration. Gardening Benefit, Hasty Harvest and all those things are practically limited in that there is only a finite amount that you can practically get. Same with the Energy elixir that is purchaseable, even if they spend crowns on that, doesn't that just make KI some more money? All so they can buy the cosmetic gear? At that point, I guess who cares? But sorry, I digress.

I think what might would be a better suggestion is perhaps having a few more Lunari on the weekly point thing, but also having a way to distinguish between new and older players to some level (as in time they've played beastmoon). It would be nice if Players could get like 100 extra lunari if they are new just so they can level/tier up a form or two. I feel like 100 is a decent amount because it's needed for leve/tiers 1-2, but it's not so much that the old players can unlock their tier 4/5s straight away.

I'll admit having just started trying to do Beastmoon on a new character (I normally do the Scroll on other characters) there is a steep barrier to entry when you are first joining Beastmoon. Especially when you are being pitted against teams in discord with tier 4/5 forms across the board. I understand why new Beastmoon players struggle so much to get invested and see it as "toxic" like PVP.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I think that Beastmoon seeds should still drop Battle Coins. Regular Beastmoon Blossoms for being a quick source of coins to help refresh your coins between matches and planting school-specific seeds overnight allows you to spend much more frivolously.

Despite this, I think that this would be a nice buff to the school specific seeds. Due to their longer growth time, you would only be able to harvest them once, maybe twice a day. If they dropped, say, 5 Lunari per harvest, that allows for you to get an extra 15-30 Lunari per day (not including Hasty Harvest cards, but those are a limited and energy-intensive resource). It isn't enough to let you upgrade all the forms without even playing the game unless you do this for a ridiculously long time, but it provides a nice extra bonus.