Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Magic Addition Suggestion!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2020
I adore using the castle magic, honestly. It allows me to run vividly with my imagination and adjust my castle to the image I have for it! So thanks for that, haha.

That being said, I wanted to suggest another form of castle magic that allows for the attendees (and hosts, by option of course) to participate in quests and see if it would at all be possible to implement. The “quest” would be created solely by the builder of the castle. What it essentially is is a message box (like the dialogue boxes that pop up when we talk to a NPC) that pops up once a member interacts with it or activates it.

Potential Uses: Hosts can leave a message for all who visits with this castle magic item, too, or simply have the option of giving the attendee a proper tour. But it would be nice to have an item that allows for the castle host to guide the attendees, especially with the house tour visits and all!

That's a good idea!

But here's the problem: it would have to work like housing signs where you pick a phrase from a menu. If we let players type anything, we couldn't show it to players who only have menu chat.

Could picking quest phrases from a menu work? Do you have any suggestions for what the possible phrases could be?

Arthur (Gary)

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
That would be fantastically helpful for decorators who like making interactive style houses. Maybe KI could allow us to put our own custom text chat messages in signs and/or in a message box. I understand there are issues with menu chat players, but couldn't these text chats be displayed to them just the same as if we said the words in their presence, ie. just dots, or else where applicable converted into menu chat phrases? It would be a shame for menu chat players not to be able to see these messages, but the fact is menu chat players are also missing out on a lot of other communications in the game and it's just the price paid for choosing not to see other players' chat.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2020
Ah, that makes sense with moderation and all! In that case—my idea would be to compile certain conjunction phrases so the quest/dialogue boxes would look something like “Travel to [insert location/housing item],” “Press X on [insert interactive item] for the next step!, “Say/Do [insert select phrase/action] for some magic!” The way you would be able to insert the nouns with these conjunction phrases would be to select items inside the house, including the castle magic items, just like any other item one wishes to select with castle magic since it already has a title available for it or to simply combine it with the menu provided inserts. But I think a menu would work just fine with some additional options. Furthermore, maybe it could be another great addition to including guidance arrows to direct players through castles.

Doing that would be something vague and safe for all members as well as easily understandable and useful for the caster magic users.

As much as I would agree (and still do to an extent) with sword tree’s proposal and good points, I think this form of castle magic would be a great aspect for those audience who can’t view the 13+ and/or 18+ text chats so I wouldn’t want to see them restricted from that interaction. I think it’d be a shame for them to miss out on a feature based on safety restriction. This is an assumption but I think another problem with interjecting that, too, comes from the systematic of the gaming programming software that may not be able to affect it to change based on the viewer since quest boxes and even customizable signs SEEM to be permanent. I could be wrong though! It’s a difficult feat, I’m finding, to allow equal content to appease the older and the younger members.

Alternatively, it’d be nice to see separate servers for select groups based on the 13+ and 18+ crews but I’m not sure how realistic that would be considering the game’s focus for E.