Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion Feedbacks from Playing Observations

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 03, 2020
First, just wanna say that I’ve always loved this game from the beginning so I’m happy to be back (despite having lost my first account from my lack of memory, ack.) And also, I’m adoring the updates that were recently added! I think they encouraged me to write the below, actually.

Secondly, these are just a few things I wanted to share with the team of KI and also to see how other members react with agreements or disagreements to these suggestions! I understand in some cases, some of these things just wouldn’t be able to work with the system. But I figured I would at least write it down before I forgot about my ideas, and in doing so, sharing it since I’ve noticed w101 gaining more audience and attention here lately. (Or is that just me?)

Anyhow, here are my ideas!

Trading System
- Implement trading for 18+ members to avoid encouraging predatory exchanges outside the community whilst also allowing the right audience to salvage and gift rarities. It’s such a waste to sell or trash certain pets and mounts when they’re hard to obtain, and it could keep much more rarer items alive throughout w101 from the very beginning. People want to be unique, and want to have the unique.

Connecting Safely
- Inbox for unread messages from friends or close friends only. I understand that this game has a lot of minors on here for the safety it would be good to make sure only friends or close friends (choice of parental figures if applicable) to inbox. Inboxing can be useful for both game use and for the use of connecting with friends when members aren’t online.

- Events, available to house hosts. I think it would also be beneficial to add in a proper event planning system along with the touring. An easy way (assumingely easy, that is, from an outside prospective) would be to have an additional NPC in charge of party planning where you can post events for either the public, friends, or close friends (choice by the members and/or parental figures). It would be a good way to flaunt castle work and a good way for max levels to engage with the community still while awaiting new gaming additions. It seems an awful waist for as much as I’ve seen castle adjusters do and not get enough engagement. On top of that, it would always be good to leave an option for party guests to rate the house too. Maybe even along this, dependent on how popular the party gets the hosts can earn items too.

o(side note)o
I’m aware of the potential drama it could cause, so in doing this it would be good to do it in caution with the correct restrictions and boundaries. Furthermore, drama and issues within these house parties can come from anywhere in the spiral of w101 or p101. Members already have house parties, too. I think it’s just more essential to boost the community connection to a select audience, potentially the 18+ crew for safety reasons.

Housing

- Read somewhere on a forum eons ago (I’d provide the link if I could find it, so sorry), I think aside from small engaging housing items and games there should be more magically inclined items that would be helpful for members. Such as refilling mana and health (maybe with the beds you can encourage sleeping to regain character health, etc.).

- Changing names, just like you can go back and change looks. But like other games, you can implement a propheting aspect since name changing can be considered more vital matter. Whether that be through in game person, it'd be understandable. Furthermore, it would allow the opportunity as well as prevent constant name changing for the system to adjust with any swaps.

- Profiles on the website or the game for each member to allow for self expression. Self expression is so important in this day and age for the younger and the older members. It would also be another audition to allowing a special type of connection within the community.

Thank you for allowing this opportunity to express my own ideas and creativity with you! Let me know what you think.

Administrator
bluishtardish on Aug 9, 2021 wrote:
First, just wanna say that I’ve always loved this game from the beginning so I’m happy to be back (despite having lost my first account from my lack of memory, ack.) And also, I’m adoring the updates that were recently added! I think they encouraged me to write the below, actually.

Secondly, these are just a few things I wanted to share with the team of KI and also to see how other members react with agreements or disagreements to these suggestions! I understand in some cases, some of these things just wouldn’t be able to work with the system. But I figured I would at least write it down before I forgot about my ideas, and in doing so, sharing it since I’ve noticed w101 gaining more audience and attention here lately. (Or is that just me?)

Anyhow, here are my ideas!

Trading System
- Implement trading for 18+ members to avoid encouraging predatory exchanges outside the community whilst also allowing the right audience to salvage and gift rarities. It’s such a waste to sell or trash certain pets and mounts when they’re hard to obtain, and it could keep much more rarer items alive throughout w101 from the very beginning. People want to be unique, and want to have the unique.

Connecting Safely
- Inbox for unread messages from friends or close friends only. I understand that this game has a lot of minors on here for the safety it would be good to make sure only friends or close friends (choice of parental figures if applicable) to inbox. Inboxing can be useful for both game use and for the use of connecting with friends when members aren’t online.

- Events, available to house hosts. I think it would also be beneficial to add in a proper event planning system along with the touring. An easy way (assumingely easy, that is, from an outside prospective) would be to have an additional NPC in charge of party planning where you can post events for either the public, friends, or close friends (choice by the members and/or parental figures). It would be a good way to flaunt castle work and a good way for max levels to engage with the community still while awaiting new gaming additions. It seems an awful waist for as much as I’ve seen castle adjusters do and not get enough engagement. On top of that, it would always be good to leave an option for party guests to rate the house too. Maybe even along this, dependent on how popular the party gets the hosts can earn items too.

o(side note)o
I’m aware of the potential drama it could cause, so in doing this it would be good to do it in caution with the correct restrictions and boundaries. Furthermore, drama and issues within these house parties can come from anywhere in the spiral of w101 or p101. Members already have house parties, too. I think it’s just more essential to boost the community connection to a select audience, potentially the 18+ crew for safety reasons.

Housing

- Read somewhere on a forum eons ago (I’d provide the link if I could find it, so sorry), I think aside from small engaging housing items and games there should be more magically inclined items that would be helpful for members. Such as refilling mana and health (maybe with the beds you can encourage sleeping to regain character health, etc.).

- Changing names, just like you can go back and change looks. But like other games, you can implement a propheting aspect since name changing can be considered more vital matter. Whether that be through in game person, it'd be understandable. Furthermore, it would allow the opportunity as well as prevent constant name changing for the system to adjust with any swaps.

- Profiles on the website or the game for each member to allow for self expression. Self expression is so important in this day and age for the younger and the older members. It would also be another audition to allowing a special type of connection within the community.

Thank you for allowing this opportunity to express my own ideas and creativity with you! Let me know what you think.
Hi Bluish! Thank you for all the feedback! I wanted to let you know that I saw your other post while moderating and wanted to respond to it, the time it takes to approve posts varies drastically depending on different things such as the time the content was posted, how many other posts there are to moderate, and how busy the rest of the schedule for the work day is. If a topic is rejected you should still be able to post another topic under the same category. Usually when a topic is posted in the wrong category it is able to be moved by a moderator or admin. That's what I did with this post for you. Replies are different as they are already under a topic, so it's more complicated. Hope this helped!

Survivor
Aug 03, 2020
Maceryn on Aug 10, 2021 wrote:
Hi Bluish! Thank you for all the feedback! I wanted to let you know that I saw your other post while moderating and wanted to respond to it, the time it takes to approve posts varies drastically depending on different things such as the time the content was posted, how many other posts there are to moderate, and how busy the rest of the schedule for the work day is. If a topic is rejected you should still be able to post another topic under the same category. Usually when a topic is posted in the wrong category it is able to be moved by a moderator or admin. That's what I did with this post for you. Replies are different as they are already under a topic, so it's more complicated. Hope this helped!
Thank you for this, that makes perfect sense now.