Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maximum Gold Limits

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Hi there,

With the quick development of the later story arc, we are seeing more and more drops for our wizards, which is amazing! But with that also comes a lot of gold. I have had many wizards who surpass their crafting / fishing / gardening rank before they can obtain the next material, which is usually in the later worlds.
ie. (Zafaria, Avalon, Khrysalis)

But with this our wizards have not developed the proper Max Gold amount.
For instance, our characters come across the gardener of Avalon in the mid 65-75 range, and with my characters maximum gold only being around 300,000 its nearly impossible to save up the right amount of gold for the spells and recipes. At least not with out having to buy them 1 by 1 over a longer time period.

I would just like for KI to take a look into the redistribution of Max gold and try to boost it throughout the entire game. I have had this experience on lower wizards even when their maximum was 125,000 or 150,000; we are constantly running out of room.

And maybe KI doesn't want to really allow us to have more gold? Maybe consider then implementing an elixir similar to the expand bank / backpack ones and allow us to expand by maybe 50,000 each upgrade?

Just looking for solutions here

Thanks~

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
I haven’t hit this problem, but this is a really good idea! Often people Max out on their limit of gold

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Give your gold to me. I rarely reach "max gold" (I think I have a total of 2 possibly 3 times ever in my 12+ years of playing this game).

I know in Mirage that there are those Gold Piles that you can buy? Perhaps there could be a way to earn spellements or something for turning in multiple gold piles for the people that just have too much gold.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This is especially a problem by wizard 3, 4, 5, etc. If I start a new wizard, I can grant them max gold, a permanent mount, a decent already trained pet, and a full load of gear at level 1. All of this without spending a single dime of real money. Granted, I have gear banked that I HAVE spent crowns on, but still, that's not the point. The gold cap is just a bad way to impose limits, especially since people have found ways to legally get around it within the rules of the game. That's why you hear so much about Empower TCs; people use them as a way to xfer gold from one player/account to another.

Pet snacks are also another way to grant money to a character on the same account even without the 2x gardening rewards. If you garden regularly, a batch of Couch Potatoes will quickly yield you 3 different snacks you can sell for really good money, and since they're also NOT mega snacks, they drop every time your mature harvest. Considering every character and share bank can hold 999 of them, that's a ton of free money. Since all 7 of my characters are max gardeners, if I spent just a few minutes a day, and grew nothing but CPs, I could max them all in gold and these pet snacks in a matter of weeks.

Instead of capping gold, just get rid of the cap and let us go as high as we can go. I doubt we'll find a glut of reagent vacuums all of a sudden. There's some silly limitations in this game, like those "no auction" labels on gear from from like level 40-80 that are dropped by monsters. This is silly. What does it do to keep these not sellable at the bazaar? These are monster dropped, NON-crown gear.

I will freely admit I am NOT a game developer, and know nothing about how to have a profitable/popular MMORPG. These are just ramblings of a player.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
I sit at max gold commonly and I have a bunch of Empowers as reserves. It can be frustrating at times, but I just hatch a pet or two or get a monstrology extract to lose some gold. Sometimes, I transfer items to another character so they can sell it.