Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 148 New Spell Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
So I have a death character and I've been wondering about PVP. Currently, with the spell audit Death has somehow someway become WORSE in pvp than it already was!! So I was thinking about Death's identity and utility as a draining school. One of the biggest problems with a drain strategy is that the drains simply do not do enough damage to warrant using a draining strategy, or at least the heal back isn't enough. Usually at the very most a death will deliberately wait till they are at low hp just so they can scion and do somewhat relevant damage with the drain. In order to come up with this, I looked at the Pokemon franchise and it hit me-- the Oblivion Wing move that is a signature move of Yveltal. The other problem that death faces is that when confronted with shields, they are usually limited to either using poison, or using the sub-par Deadly Minotaur. This is multiplied by the fact that death's damage output is so pitifully low that even without the opponent having a shield, it is extremely unlikely that a death will be dealing much damage to their opponents. So I came up with 2 different ideas for the new Death Spells

The first idea is for a hit that is 7 or 8 pips and does about 1000-1150 damage (more than winged sorrow) and actually drains 50% hp, but with a CHANCE to drain up to 75% of the damage done in hp back. This could be maybe a 50% chance or even higher at like a 90% chance. This would really help complement a draining strategy used by death in pvp and I think it would actually make death a lot more solid in its true identity which is dealing damage and stealing it back in hp.

My other idea takes a little bit of inspo from deadly minotaur but I think it would be better as a shadow enchanced hit that hits for a tiny amount on the first hit, but then does a big amount of damage on the second hit, in which the second hit will drain 50% hp from the target. I think it would go a long way for it to maybe do 25 damage on the first hit, then like 800-850 on the second hit with the 50% heal back. This would help death a lot with shield breaking and will also help death wizards come up with creative ways to compete in PVP.

I'm actually not sure if the Devs will ever read this, but I figured i'd at least speak my mind!! Lmk if you guys like my ideas :P

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
First and for most while you did not clarify what level pvp you are currently doing let say for argument sake its 140.If you are not using the motorist robe at 140 pvp your being left out of the meta. Death has the capacity like balance and life to gain 9500 health 60-65 resist and a decent 30% chance while keeping above 100% damage.

While I might agree that drains can feel underwhelming lets not forget that drains actually got buff in doing 100% of the damage enchantment, so spells like lullu, wraith and dr vons can still be effective. They are still doing damage and your getting health back for it so it has to be balanced in that order. Death is a slow paced school that focuses on weaking and poising the opponent slow taking hp over time. Death actually benefits more in this meta than most school due to various new buffs and utility added such as: Vplague -45% weakness hard counters shrike users double bladed dark pact that doesn't use blades now. Empower that can give an advantage with pip building and hard counters reg trap stacking or feint stacking. Sacrifice is good for surviving as well for 700 heal. Using spells like brace also helps death around dot as well or any school of that matter and adds more resist for 4 rounds. I think the main issue with scions atm is the meta is being focused around to counter high damaging/ one shot strategies. So while their still good their not as efficient on a consistent basis.

Posions, Death blades, bubble control, 4 pip shadow hits etc are death best friends atm try to make use of them the most you can

Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
eh wassup on Jul 4, 2021 wrote:
So I have a death character and I've been wondering about PVP. Currently, with the spell audit Death has somehow someway become WORSE in pvp than it already was!! So I was thinking about Death's identity and utility as a draining school. One of the biggest problems with a drain strategy is that the drains simply do not do enough damage to warrant using a draining strategy, or at least the heal back isn't enough. Usually at the very most a death will deliberately wait till they are at low hp just so they can scion and do somewhat relevant damage with the drain. In order to come up with this, I looked at the Pokemon franchise and it hit me-- the Oblivion Wing move that is a signature move of Yveltal. The other problem that death faces is that when confronted with shields, they are usually limited to either using poison, or using the sub-par Deadly Minotaur. This is multiplied by the fact that death's damage output is so pitifully low that even without the opponent having a shield, it is extremely unlikely that a death will be dealing much damage to their opponents. So I came up with 2 different ideas for the new Death Spells

The first idea is for a hit that is 7 or 8 pips and does about 1000-1150 damage (more than winged sorrow) and actually drains 50% hp, but with a CHANCE to drain up to 75% of the damage done in hp back. This could be maybe a 50% chance or even higher at like a 90% chance. This would really help complement a draining strategy used by death in pvp and I think it would actually make death a lot more solid in its true identity which is dealing damage and stealing it back in hp.

My other idea takes a little bit of inspo from deadly minotaur but I think it would be better as a shadow enchanced hit that hits for a tiny amount on the first hit, but then does a big amount of damage on the second hit, in which the second hit will drain 50% hp from the target. I think it would go a long way for it to maybe do 25 damage on the first hit, then like 800-850 on the second hit with the 50% heal back. This would help death a lot with shield breaking and will also help death wizards come up with creative ways to compete in PVP.

I'm actually not sure if the Devs will ever read this, but I figured i'd at least speak my mind!! Lmk if you guys like my ideas :P
The new summer test update gives death exactly what it needed a solid base damage spell. Combine with solid counters to weakness such as dark pact and snack attack death is gonna be broken.

So their basically a life and balance and potential myth on the same school now.