Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

purchasing bundles outside of the USA

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 28, 2018
i am in Canada and Gamestop does not sell the newer bundles here. i can understand having an agreement with them in the USA, but it would be nice if you can sell to other countries direct

Administrator
BcRugu on May 26, 2021 wrote:
i am in Canada and Gamestop does not sell the newer bundles here. i can understand having an agreement with them in the USA, but it would be nice if you can sell to other countries direct
Hi BcRugu! We've been working to expand the reach of GameStop store offerings. It's somewhat up to each GameStop as well what they offer. We'll see what we can add!

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sparck on May 26, 2021 wrote:
Hi BcRugu! We've been working to expand the reach of GameStop store offerings. It's somewhat up to each GameStop as well what they offer. We'll see what we can add!
Why not just sell them on the website? While I don't know what the production costs are, they would absolutely go down as you're not creating the plastic cards. PLUS, it has the added benefits of not littering the planet with non-biodegradable plastics, as well as allowing more people to purchase them

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
I have the same difficulty i live in europa and there is jo gamestop shop here enve worst the online shop is restricted access so i wait the undersea enchantement bundle since one year to be online

Survivor
Jan 28, 2018
thanks. even if they could sell them digitally on their website, that would be a huge improvement.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
dayerider on May 26, 2021 wrote:
Why not just sell them on the website? While I don't know what the production costs are, they would absolutely go down as you're not creating the plastic cards. PLUS, it has the added benefits of not littering the planet with non-biodegradable plastics, as well as allowing more people to purchase them
Commercial contract.
X shop get the exclusivity of the sale for 14 month and then the bundle is available online in exchange of a benefit on something

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Stormwind 8108 on May 27, 2021 wrote:
Commercial contract.
X shop get the exclusivity of the sale for 14 month and then the bundle is available online in exchange of a benefit on something
well, that's simple, just dont renew the contract and do everything "in house".

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
ye seems simple but product in partner shop are a good way to do some advertising and a contract can be an engagement for 10, 20 years.

the shop want the exclusivity for boosting sales but the game have also few interest in that or they would have not accepted this contract

i'm the first who want all bundle immediately online but i know if that's not like this there is a reason:

maybe that's a contract maybe that's for spreading the release of bundles online (each time one is available another is in last change to get it) exception for the bundle-a-palooza event

or maybe the longest we wait the bundle the longest we play the game to be ready to catch it and so buy crown membership. Simple no?

by the way:
when the Undersea Enchantment Bundle will be online?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Stormwind 8108 on Jun 1, 2021 wrote:
ye seems simple but product in partner shop are a good way to do some advertising and a contract can be an engagement for 10, 20 years.

the shop want the exclusivity for boosting sales but the game have also few interest in that or they would have not accepted this contract

i'm the first who want all bundle immediately online but i know if that's not like this there is a reason:

maybe that's a contract maybe that's for spreading the release of bundles online (each time one is available another is in last change to get it) exception for the bundle-a-palooza event

or maybe the longest we wait the bundle the longest we play the game to be ready to catch it and so buy crown membership. Simple no?

by the way:
when the Undersea Enchantment Bundle will be online?
yes, but if the stores are hiding the cards, not putting out the cards, etc, or the stores are closing down, what's the point of keeping them going? I hear stories all the time of certain store's representatives not knowing where the cards would/should be, Gamestop was rumored to be going bankrupt soon, etc.

Another alternative would be to offer them in both places, in store and online at the same time. KI tends to have an "all eggs in one basket" type of approach.