Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Opinions on stuns?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2014
Hi everyone!

In the spirit of the spring 2021 update and all of the spell audits, I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on stuns. I personally believe that they are useless and that they should be changed. Most, if not all, bosses are immune to stuns and everyone and their secondary school carries stun shield in pvp. Therefore it seems like stuns are just kind of useless now and I would love to hear ideas how they could be changed!

Here are my ideas:

: stun summons a minion that will help with dots or pierces. blinging light summons 2 random minions out of the ones myth can learn. medusa: can be like baba yaga and summons a minion after hitting.

: i really like the idea of pip spells like king artorius ice and lord of winter. freeze: at 70% accuracy the opponent loses a pip. frost giant could be hit and gain a pip. mammoth could be hit and opponent looses a pip. stun shield could maybe either give 2 -30% towers or 2 random shields, or even trade it with bolster ward.

: for choke I was thinking of something like storms windstorm. where it gives a fire trap on all enemies

: just give storm lord more damage. it should be more than orthrus. like make it 760 or 800 damage.

Id love to hear everyone opinion and/or ideas how to change stuns

Defender
Apr 18, 2014
Although I don't use stuns at all, I still think it's an important aspect to the combat system. Compared to other MMOs or games like Wizard101 that have a combat system there has always been a way to "confuse" or stun an enemy. That being said, there are two things I would prefer to have changed about it.

1.) When using a spell that stuns those hit by it, such as Frost Giant or Storm Lord, I would prefer to have the stun animation happen during the attack/damage animation. This cuts down on battle time.

2.) I would love to see our wizards actually look stunned when they are; perhaps play the same animation as when you die during battle, except you still have your health ring and battle. People like me who don't pay their full attention when in battles would probably better remember they are stunned this way, plus it would look pretty neat.