Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Raising the pvp timer and increasing rank reward for 2v2 3v3 4v4

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 14, 2011
Considering the new update has made the meta increasingly slower, I think it would be best if the timer were raised back to 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes it is at now.

For 2v2, I thought to increase participation, the rank reward is 32 rather than 16.

For 3v3, the rank reward would be 48

For 4v4, the rank reward would be 64

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
bobgbt on Apr 26, 2021 wrote:
Considering the new update has made the meta increasingly slower, I think it would be best if the timer were raised back to 45 minutes instead of 30 minutes it is at now.

For 2v2, I thought to increase participation, the rank reward is 32 rather than 16.

For 3v3, the rank reward would be 48

For 4v4, the rank reward would be 64
Totally agree with the timer being ramped up, but this would encourage more stall strategy to be meta again.
The reward system is justified. 1v1 match up are considered more self isolated playstyle vs duo, since in most case duo matches can essentially be considered more easier to navigated with added assistance. The only time I considered 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 hard is when Jade users join.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
The damage and resist audit has made the meta too slow. Life is on top because they can spam wings of fate and stall out until diego makes a decision. Take away the ai decisions. Make timer decisions based on criteria! Criteria, criteria, criteria- and tell us what it is!

It's sickening to be outdamaged and outhealed by a life wizard running 66 resist and 116 damage when I'm running 149 damage.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
vuntan on May 7, 2021 wrote:
The damage and resist audit has made the meta too slow. Life is on top because they can spam wings of fate and stall out until diego makes a decision. Take away the ai decisions. Make timer decisions based on criteria! Criteria, criteria, criteria- and tell us what it is!

It's sickening to be outdamaged and outhealed by a life wizard running 66 resist and 116 damage when I'm running 149 damage.
Well for one, you can't punish life school for running a low offensive, high defensive playstyle. Second, offensive meta had its time and its about time the meta got slowed down so that other schools can compete. I feel like the idea of Diego rewarding the players behind wings spamming should definitely be look into. I do not however, believe that Diego should only favorite offensive strategies or just doing raw out put damage, other wise its the hard hitting schools will become the favorites again.

Life is finally on top the meta? who could have seen that one coming With all the buffs they just gotten, its good to finally see that life can compete against the top 3.

They want to nerf our healing strategies, give us lack luster damage then tell us we can't have both

Explorer
May 14, 2011
vuntan on May 7, 2021 wrote:

I really agree even though I main life. I think these games are to decided by an ai we don't know much about and it seems wrong. I think pierce should be factored after the resist is changed to the pvp amount and not before and the timer should be changed to 45 minutes to still acknowledge the slower pace.

Explorer
May 14, 2011
angellifeheart on May 6, 2021 wrote:
Totally agree with the timer being ramped up, but this would encourage more stall strategy to be meta again.
The reward system is justified. 1v1 match up are considered more self isolated playstyle vs duo, since in most case duo matches can essentially be considered more easier to navigated with added assistance. The only time I considered 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 hard is when Jade users join.
The idea on raising the rank given is to encourage people to do it more. 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 aren't done in ranked like they were in the past and are only done in practice. The goal should be to move at least some over to rank and let people pvp with different strategies. People complain about death and storm a lot in this current meta (death isn't that bad tbh) but they don't realize these schools are amazing when you get to multi people pvp matches. Their cards are more suited for this and would help allow other schools that do better in multi player strategies to pvp and win.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
bobgbt on May 9, 2021 wrote:
The idea on raising the rank given is to encourage people to do it more. 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 aren't done in ranked like they were in the past and are only done in practice. The goal should be to move at least some over to rank and let people pvp with different strategies. People complain about death and storm a lot in this current meta (death isn't that bad tbh) but they don't realize these schools are amazing when you get to multi people pvp matches. Their cards are more suited for this and would help allow other schools that do better in multi player strategies to pvp and win.
This can however, encourage boosting which enables players to reach rank warlord with minimal effort. Since 1v1 is so active I propose increasing the rank cap there per wins and decreasing the loss rank per loses.

That way players aren't bombarded by the immense pressure of losing.