Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beastforms discriminating minions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2013
This has happened with me twice until now.

The first time was in a monster mayhem event when I had chosen a fire ninja pig beast form and my partner in a 2v2 battle had a myth draconian. I summoned a minion using the fire elemental spell (I don’t remember the exact names of the spells) by attacking an enemy who had a dot. The next round when the minion became activated, the myth draconian went first and used Medusa on an enemy. He Medusa did deal damage however it did not stun the enemy even though we had a minion.

The second time was in a Beastmoon hunt when I had a fire colossus beast form and my partner in a 2v2 battle had a myth Minotaur. He used summon minion. After 2 or 3 rounds I decided to use the spell of fire colossus which sacrifices minion to give shield and removes shields from enemies, however the spell wouldn’t work.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2014
brian angel grove on Mar 10, 2021 wrote:
This has happened with me twice until now.

The first time was in a monster mayhem event when I had chosen a fire ninja pig beast form and my partner in a 2v2 battle had a myth draconian. I summoned a minion using the fire elemental spell (I don’t remember the exact names of the spells) by attacking an enemy who had a dot. The next round when the minion became activated, the myth draconian went first and used Medusa on an enemy. He Medusa did deal damage however it did not stun the enemy even though we had a minion.

The second time was in a Beastmoon hunt when I had a fire colossus beast form and my partner in a 2v2 battle had a myth Minotaur. He used summon minion. After 2 or 3 rounds I decided to use the spell of fire colossus which sacrifices minion to give shield and removes shields from enemies, however the spell wouldn’t work.
I'm not a big fan of Beastmoon Hunt, but if it works anything like PvE/PvP mechanics, you can only cast spells that would effect your own minion, not the minions summoned by other players. (This might be different for the myth spells that give a blade/shield to a minion, but is definitely the case for all other school spells that effect minions.) It would stand to reason Beastmoon follows the same rules.

Defender
Jul 26, 2012
I believe this was actually an intentional change for minion beastforms. You can only target your own minions with applicable spells now. Likewise, only a minion that you had summoned will give your spells their bonus effects.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2013
That’s completely understandable.

However it’s quite contradictory to the update notes of July 2020.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/update-notes/july2020#Beastforms

This is what is written for the fire ninja pig beastform :-

“Fire Ninja Pig – An unabashed damage-dealer! Slash n’ Burn removes positive wards (shields and stun blocks) and can create and detonate damage-over-time effects. He also has spells that require a Minion to use, so expect to see him teaming up with Myth players.

Developer
Hi all! I am hoping I can clarify some of this for you.

All of the sacrifice minion spells should only work on your minion. Other wise it could be abused to grief other players.

I looked at the 2 spells of the Myth Draconian the work off of minions, Charmed Scales and Protraction (I don't see a Medusa spell for the Myth Draconian). Charmed Scales is a sacrifice minion spell for 300 Myth damage and +125 Trap if enemy has a shield. That one can only be used on your own minion. Protraction is an Afterlife cast on any friendly minion that will deal 150 Myth damage to enemy team on death of the minion. Nice combo if you can set it off.

The Myth Minotaur does have a spell called Cursed Medusa but the conditional on this spell is not set off by whether there is a minion in the combat. This spell does 200 damage to all enemies and if it clears a shield it will stun.

Sometimes in the middle of combat it is tough to read through what all the spell cards do. It is possible to read through all the cards in the Dual Arena at the Beast Form Upgrade kiosk. You can even preview what spells a leveled up Beastform gets.

I hope this helps.

RandomsWorld - Christo IronBlade

Developer
I thought I would add a little bit more clarity about how the Fire Ninja Pig Beastform works

The Fire Ninja Pig has 4 conditional spells that work off his Minion and enemy Minions

Smoke Spirit - Deals 200 Fire damage. If enemy team has a Minion the caster gets 2 pips.
Cinderbird - Sacrifice Minion (must be your own) and deal 250 Fire Damage to enemy team and Detonate 1 DOT (Damage Over Time).
Pyredon - Deals 200 Fire damage and if caster has a Minion add a 150 Fire DOT
Fiery Doom - Deals 200 Fire damage to enemy team and if caster has a Minion add a 150 Fire DOT

The update notes were not entirely accurate for this Beastform but hopefully the card text was clear. It is always a struggle for us to fit all the information onto the card text window but I think these spells read well enough. We will be updating those update notes so they are more accurate.

I would also like to say we are working on more synergies between Beastforms to make them stronger.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2013
Survivor
Sep 12, 2013
RandomsWorld on Mar 17, 2021 wrote:
Hi all! I am hoping I can clarify some of this for you.

All of the sacrifice minion spells should only work on your minion. Other wise it could be abused to grief other players.

I looked at the 2 spells of the Myth Draconian the work off of minions, Charmed Scales and Protraction (I don't see a Medusa spell for the Myth Draconian). Charmed Scales is a sacrifice minion spell for 300 Myth damage and +125 Trap if enemy has a shield. That one can only be used on your own minion. Protraction is an Afterlife cast on any friendly minion that will deal 150 Myth damage to enemy team on death of the minion. Nice combo if you can set it off.

The Myth Minotaur does have a spell called Cursed Medusa but the conditional on this spell is not set off by whether there is a minion in the combat. This spell does 200 damage to all enemies and if it clears a shield it will stun.

Sometimes in the middle of combat it is tough to read through what all the spell cards do. It is possible to read through all the cards in the Dual Arena at the Beast Form Upgrade kiosk. You can even preview what spells a leveled up Beastform gets.

I hope this helps.

RandomsWorld - Christo IronBlade
By the way I meant the spell Euryales Wail available form the level 3 of myth draconian.
Since they have the same animation I just called it Medusa .