Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scions-Changes per School

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I think relatively speaking some scions get away with too much too easily, while others suffer pip restrictions. Thou their all 11 pips at max, that's not really hard to pull off. Rather, meeting some of the conditions would put an easier core on certain schools and make schools like ice less problematic.

Fire scion- Only needs 3 traps or 1 fuel to do double damage. Due to the pip demand for this spell to work vs a reg trap 3 turn maneuver its clearly saying 6 traps is too much for fire to get bye as an offensive school.

Myth scion- this one needs the most change in terms of offensive capability and should be change to if the opponent has stun blocks scion cannot do double the damage. I don't get why myth of all schools vs fire gets away with a free 0 pip cost scion.

Life scion- this one should do double heal if the caster has a Guiding light charm present, regardless if its 30 or 40 percent ones.

Storm-this one is risky as it is but also enforces a control over the opponent having to use blades. The main issue with storm scion is that it offers too much pressure for a blade removing school. Needs to be change to, if the caster has no blades does double the damage.

Ice scion- With the amount of resist and health Ice is able to have now is incredible. This scion should only do double the damage if the caster has no shields.

Balance scion- This scion needs the most love of them all Instead of 6 blades, this scion, should do double the damage only if the opponent has an aura.(no removing effect)

Death scion- Some would prefer to keep death scion as it is, even with death capabilities of just blade stacking into minotaur or vengeful. I feel adding more versatility to this scion would be much better while buffing the school as a whole. Should be change from 33% to if the caster has lower health it does x2 the amount.

just my 2 scent on this one.

Explorer
May 14, 2011
The fire one is already so op. It just takes 2 fuels and a bettle and you can't do anything to stop it.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
bobgbt on Feb 23, 2021 wrote:
The fire one is already so op. It just takes 2 fuels and a bettle and you can't do anything to stop it.
Its not op at all when fuel cost 2 pips per round. Fuel stacking in itself offers a lot of pressure but by then your better of using spells like brim and efreet and ffa to add more pressure than waiting for scion. Most fire now are kinda moving away from just scioning to out right more burst method as mention in my previous sentence.

Explorer
May 14, 2011
angellifeheart on Feb 24, 2021 wrote:
Its not op at all when fuel cost 2 pips per round. Fuel stacking in itself offers a lot of pressure but by then your better of using spells like brim and efreet and ffa to add more pressure than waiting for scion. Most fire now are kinda moving away from just scioning to out right more burst method as mention in my previous sentence.
Well, half the fires I fight simply fuel twice then just attack with a bettle or brimstone. 1 fuel is so op for something that one shot an ice.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2009
I appreciate some of these. I don’t think scions are in a priority state, but it would be interesting to see some of these changes happen!

That being said, please proofread.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
angellifeheart on Feb 23, 2021 wrote:
I think relatively speaking some scions get away with too much too easily, while others suffer pip restrictions. Thou their all 11 pips at max, that's not really hard to pull off. Rather, meeting some of the conditions would put an easier core on certain schools and make schools like ice less problematic.

Fire scion- Only needs 3 traps or 1 fuel to do double damage. Due to the pip demand for this spell to work vs a reg trap 3 turn maneuver its clearly saying 6 traps is too much for fire to get bye as an offensive school.

Myth scion- this one needs the most change in terms of offensive capability and should be change to if the opponent has stun blocks scion cannot do double the damage. I don't get why myth of all schools vs fire gets away with a free 0 pip cost scion.

Life scion- this one should do double heal if the caster has a Guiding light charm present, regardless if its 30 or 40 percent ones.

Storm-this one is risky as it is but also enforces a control over the opponent having to use blades. The main issue with storm scion is that it offers too much pressure for a blade removing school. Needs to be change to, if the caster has no blades does double the damage.

Ice scion- With the amount of resist and health Ice is able to have now is incredible. This scion should only do double the damage if the caster has no shields.

Balance scion- This scion needs the most love of them all Instead of 6 blades, this scion, should do double the damage only if the opponent has an aura.(no removing effect)

Death scion- Some would prefer to keep death scion as it is, even with death capabilities of just blade stacking into minotaur or vengeful. I feel adding more versatility to this scion would be much better while buffing the school as a whole. Should be change from 33% to if the caster has lower health it does x2 the amount.

ok, let's think about this

fire - 6 traps is perfectly fine, that's literally just two fuels and if your opponent shields you can just beetle and you still have 7 traps and three different buffs without an aura or bubble. lowering it to 3 would make it way too overpowered

ice - this gives an ice wizard a lot of control over a match, if an ice has a tower shield up then the opponent literally cannot hit or they'll get scioned if this were the condition. ice scion currently is fine, ice is not a healing school and you really just have to put in one minor hit with an aura or whatever and they'll be below 90

storm - while this would be interesting, it wouldn't fly in pve, and the devs consider pve a lot when they make spell changes. that being said, storms in shrike w/ an aura and bubble control could just scion for 8k through a shield, no blades required, so I'm not a fan here

myth - I agree that the condition needs a bit of fixing but if an opponent stun blocks against a myth, which everyone with a brain does anyway due to medusa's existence, it would completely wreck scion-based strategies and then every myth wizard would do the art-yaga combo. not a fan of that already and having it be the best viable strat for myth would put them even higher up the food chain

life - I would support this one for sure, just wish it still could be a hit

death - we need to not make people afraid to hit, and with this and the ice scion people would be. not a fan

balance - again not a fan of this due to how much pets maycast, and then when those maycasts inevitably get nerfed the spell would go back to being useless. I think if a balance had four blades instead of the current six it would be more worth to go for a scion. they still would have to put at least two turns into it, but it would be a lot more practical to use the balance scion if it only took 4 instead of 6

Survivor
Mar 03, 2020
angellifeheart on Feb 23, 2021 wrote:

"storm, "if caster has no blades double the damage""
that's broken

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
caleb10104 on Apr 5, 2021 wrote:
"storm, "if caster has no blades double the damage""
that's broken
compare to what it is now and the 0 disarm xD id say barely.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
JewelKI on Mar 25, 2021 wrote:
ok, let's think about this

fire - 6 traps is perfectly fine, that's literally just two fuels and if your opponent shields you can just beetle and you still have 7 traps and three different buffs without an aura or bubble. lowering it to 3 would make it way too overpowered

ice - this gives an ice wizard a lot of control over a match, if an ice has a tower shield up then the opponent literally cannot hit or they'll get scioned if this were the condition. ice scion currently is fine, ice is not a healing school and you really just have to put in one minor hit with an aura or whatever and they'll be below 90

storm - while this would be interesting, it wouldn't fly in pve, and the devs consider pve a lot when they make spell changes. that being said, storms in shrike w/ an aura and bubble control could just scion for 8k through a shield, no blades required, so I'm not a fan here

myth - I agree that the condition needs a bit of fixing but if an opponent stun blocks against a myth, which everyone with a brain does anyway due to medusa's existence, it would completely wreck scion-based strategies and then every myth wizard would do the art-yaga combo. not a fan of that already and having it be the best viable strat for myth would put them even higher up the food chain

life - I would support this one for sure, just wish it still could be a hit

death - we need to not make people afraid to hit, and with this and the ice scion people would be. not a fan

balance - again not a fan of this due to how much pets maycast, and then when those maycasts inevitably get nerfed the spell would go back to being useless. I think if a balance had four blades instead of the current six it would be more worth to go for a scion. they still would have to put at least two turns into it, but it would be a lot more practical to use the balance scion if it only took 4 instead of 6
1.This one should of been thought of more carefully, yes its balance as it is.
2.This one is basically a nerf, caster has no shield meaning the ice.
3.I can see why, people love damage.
4.Stun block is the entirety of shutting down a myth stun combos. Scion is stun base requirement. Art can be countered by triage. Yaga? shield efficiently not much of a difference when face almost any dot schools.
5.Like wise but that's not going happen sadly. Still have hope.
6.This one is a bit eh.Lets just Keep its current version.
7.4 blades sounds fair enough if it could convert all current existing blades into balance blades before hitting.