Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Undo and/or item lock for housing items

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I think all players who have decorated houses much have had the very sad and frustrating experience of accidentally picking up a lot of items. It would be really great if we could have an undo button for housing decor to fix these mistakes. Another approach would be to have individual locks on the positions of each item so that key items like carpets cannot be accidentally picked up or moved. Either or both would be so helpful in preventing a lot of frustration, even a go back one undo would be extremely helpful. Thanks for reading.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2017
I've been thinking about this too! It would be so helpful!

I've considered supporting undo and redo. It's something that we may support in the future.

Locking individual items would be difficult, I'd have to think how we could support that.

Would it be useful to lock all of the items in a house?

Arthur

Explorer
Apr 15, 2017
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Jan 25, 2021 wrote:
I've considered supporting undo and redo. It's something that we may support in the future.

Locking individual items would be difficult, I'd have to think how we could support that.

Would it be useful to lock all of the items in a house?

Arthur
All items? I don't think so.

Undo/Redo would be super nice though.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
I think the undo would be more useful than an item lock anyhow. I was just trying to think of different ways to address the issue of inadvertently wrecking our decor. Undo would also be really nice for trying out different ideas, especially if we can undo more than just the last action. The more the better. Undo could also help players rescue items that they accidentally moved to a rather inaccessible spot with advanced move. There are of course ways to recover such items but they can be a bit awkward, and newer decorators may not have figured out how.

It would be nice if we had the ability to save our house in its current state, that could be restored later if we don't like the changes we made since the save. Another nice option could be to revert the house to how it was when we entered it. Both with a lot of "do you really want to do this?", to prevent accidentally erasing some hours of work.

Locking all the items in a house might be useful for protecting completed houses. But I think most of these accidents happen when people are still decorating.

My top priority would be the undo and undo would be much appreciated. :)