Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do not install the game on macOS Sierra

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
The new game update will disable Wizard101 if you are running any MacOS earlier than 10.13!

Don't install this update if you are running Sierra.

Will KI be releasing a patch to revert Wiz101 for mac users who are staying with Sierra? I hope so.

Administrator
ChicoValerian on Jan 20, 2021 wrote:
The new game update will disable Wizard101 if you are running any MacOS earlier than 10.13!

Don't install this update if you are running Sierra.

Will KI be releasing a patch to revert Wiz101 for mac users who are staying with Sierra? I hope so.
Hi ChicoValerian!

Thanks for this information about the game using macOS Sierra.

It's usually best to update your OS when possible, but if you can't do that, we'll be happy to take a look and see what may be causing problems with Sierra. At some point though we are unable to support older operating systems.

What do you mean by 'disable'?

Thanks

Survivor
Jun 22, 2009
Agreed. I am running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 Mac Book Pro mid-2012, i5, 16GB ram. I had no issues prior to the new update. The current updated client WILL NOT run in previous versions of OS.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
The installer should say: "This update requires OS whatever, which is not installed on this computer. Proceed?"

The computer I was using is too old to update, and wiz was running fine, but now it will not run because the system is not the latest and greatest.

The installer is flawed, it should flag this simple problem BEFORE you run it, not afterwards when your program has become useless. thanks.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2011
Look in the trash - Mac OS may have placed the replaced file there (possibly with the version number as part of the filename). Delete the new one (1.17) and drag the old one out of the trash to the applications folder.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013