Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where do whiptail pantera come from?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Every time I level a wizard through Avalon, I always get struck by the incongruity of the whiptail pantera. They look cool and all, but they seem to absolutely fail at fitting in with the theme of Avalon, which is all about goblins and knights and fairy creatures. The whiptail pantera look like something dreamed up by a fan of the old Phantom comic books, which had a purple clad hero with some characteristics of a panther. Is the existence of whiptail pantera ever explained anywhere in W101 lore? I haven't been past Khrysalis so maybe there's something in the third arc?

Survivor
Jun 02, 2018
DanTheTerrible on Dec 4, 2020 wrote:
Every time I level a wizard through Avalon, I always get struck by the incongruity of the whiptail pantera. They look cool and all, but they seem to absolutely fail at fitting in with the theme of Avalon, which is all about goblins and knights and fairy creatures. The whiptail pantera look like something dreamed up by a fan of the old Phantom comic books, which had a purple clad hero with some characteristics of a panther. Is the existence of whiptail pantera ever explained anywhere in W101 lore? I haven't been past Khrysalis so maybe there's something in the third arc?
Pantera is a rock band from the '80s. I know Kingsisle likes to throw in easter eggs with this sort of thing but I think that's a stretch. I'm curious about this too now.