Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Judge Veg is the worst designed boss

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 16, 2009
So eventually you fight Judge Veg, a boss in the later half of the world.

This boss is the worst designed boss ever I have encountered. He cheat polymorphs you for FIFTEEN rounds, with no hope of escape. There is no un-polymorph card, or any indication of how to break out. It is absolutely random and up to the boss's discretion to remove the polymorph.

I have heard that you need to use a certain amount of pips to get out, but how does that hold up when this happened to me in several attempts:
- I use zero pips in the life form, get unpolymorphed next round.
- I use zero pips in the ice form, actually get polymophed into a *new* form without unpolymorphing
- I use at least 7 pips in the life form in another run, never unpolymorphed for the duration of the duel
- I use at least 9 pips in the death form in the form of a deer knight and headless horseman, unpolymorphed several rounds later

The point is, there is no rhyme or reason to this boss. If you're going to force a polymorph, give the player a way out like there is in Baba Yaga's encounter. No one likes being entirely at the whim of a random number generator deciding if they can play the game or not.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Agreed. I fought Judge Veg on the test server and didn't realize how hard he was until I had to face him in the live realm. On test, I unpolymorphed after a round or two, but on live I have yet to see anyone unpolymorph.

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Yeah. I ended up using henchman in Test Realm to beat him. I wish the polymorphs were maybe 3 turns and we'd be able to escape and then the cheat would give us maybe 4 turns until it happens again.

Not sure if they fixed the problem with having shadow pip cards yet the inability to gain shadow pips. I haven't gotten that far yet.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2020
yeah this fight needs a revamp

either give his polymorphs stats (you fail pip every turn, and can't get shads, which is even worse bc the polymorph decks have shad hits in them) or make the polymorph 4 or 5 turns per a usual polymorph.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
The only reason I got through that stupid fight was because i caved and got some cheap henchmen also got turned into the life veggie for long enough to keep myself from dying.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Discord Spiders on Dec 24, 2020 wrote:
The only reason I got through that stupid fight was because i caved and got some cheap henchmen also got turned into the life veggie for long enough to keep myself from dying.
Thanks for the idea. It worked. I used two. One level 50 and the other 75. I chose a myth and death but they stayed polymorphed nearly the entire battle. Spending more crowns on these would not be worth it and it wouldn't matter what school they were since they were either carrots or asparagus the entire time. I just grabbed two quickly.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2015
I had to buy henchmen and STILL LOST because i was transformed into a 2k health plant. At this point i want the money for the crowns i wasted back. You shouldn't need to USE PAID PRODUCTS to win a SUBSCRIPTION BASED GAME. Pay to play, not pay to win. At this point i'm considering leaving my character in the licorice forest until the next game update so i can go through this loop of frustration as I watch everyone advance to level 150, get better gear, and have fun playing the game.

and he heals himself. So while i have all my abilities taken away with no answer, had the odds mathematically in my favor with the 4 henchmen, he gets to heal.

KI you've made an RNG boss. You might as well just roll dice and send the character back to raven wood if they don't get snake eyes.

KI please never make a boss like this again, you will loose subscriptions.

Survivor
May 05, 2014
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I disagree. It's possible to solo and is very easy if you have a team. Annoying? Yes, Impossible/worst designed? No.