Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Point Resets Expense

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 30, 2020
Hello everyone! bear with me as I am new to the forum. I would like to talk about training points reset cost crown wise.
As you may or may not have known, training points can be earn freely through out the spiral by completing certain quest giving by Prospector Zeke and others or gain alternatively through questing. There is even a full guide on final bastion that gives out all the location or requirements per world that will essentially grant a training point upon completion.

With that being said, the expense to reset training point as a non-member or member alike, that relies on crowns to do other stuff is pretty expensive, so lets be real here for a minute. I am currently level 69 and have acquired the most training points you can get for that level so far which is somewhere around 24-25 ish. Apparently to reset my training points of the spell currently learned, I have to spend 8000! crowns! what? is this a joke? xd. How is gaining something free, through time and effort cost crowns?.

Petition to the developers to change this to cost in game (gold) currency, this is because newer players may not have the slightest clue and would end up training spells that aren't fit for their schools in the current future.
Also training points are already free to gain to begin with, and players should not be major penalize or forced to spend from their pockets for spells that are no longer compatible with their class. Thank you and much appreciated.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I do agree that the cost to reset training points is quite high and that the game tends to push new players towards a secondary school but neglects to mention that secondary school hits are useless once you start getting power pips. However, at least for members you will have the chance to reset training points for free every so often as a member benefit.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Robobot1747 on Nov 13, 2020 wrote:
I do agree that the cost to reset training points is quite high and that the game tends to push new players towards a secondary school but neglects to mention that secondary school hits are useless once you start getting power pips. However, at least for members you will have the chance to reset training points for free every so often as a member benefit.
It's not common enough and you never know when it's coming.

Last buyback (which was fairly recent) I opted for Life, for when I play with others.

Now I'm realizing Myth might actually work way better as a secondary. Grendel's Amends, Athena Battle Sight for an extra Universal Shield (on top of Ice's 0 pip Tower Shield), Earthquake? So much more Utility to work with.

I can even use Shift GreenOak from the Moon School for an extra blade and weakness, so I can get off all my Spirit Blades and Traps.

I can't wait for the next training point buyback event. Hopefully they have another in December.

Defender
Jul 21, 2017
Hear me out: Free Training Point Buyback, once per month, as an additional membership perk, redeemable at any time within that month. Rolls over to the next month if not used. Can stockpile multiple.

One year membership? 12 buybacks.

The event is scrapped in favor of other events, like zero energy fishing, pet experience bonuses, boss loot second chances, etc.