Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Old character still has old quests/NPC locations (5+ years ago?)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2012
My account I noticed was created back in 2012. I cannot be sure when I last played but I know I haven't touched it in at least 3-4 years. I noticed playing today on an old character, I still had an old quest on Triton Avenue to talk to Suzie GryphonBane about rescuing her brother, and my friend who had a new character (created within the last week) had the opposite- talk to Artur to rescue Suzie (from the same boss but we saw different NPCs).

Now, I also have a new character I created within the last week I was playing yesterday in the same area. I noticed Duncan Grimwater was up next to the guard you talk to on the same ledge as the Kraken transporter (on the other side by the house). But on my old character he was still down under the big tree on the ledge below that- Where I remember him being when I used to play, years ago.

On my new character I also had the quest about a student's wand, and Duncan Grimwater is standing behind the NPC you speak to, by the house there/the wall, he "overhears your conversation". But my old character, not having done quests in Triton yet, didn't see the same NPCs in the same locations, and didn't even have access to that quest. My old character was still doing old quests I remember I used to do, while my new character and my friend, had newer(?) different quests.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix for it? It feels like the character world/quest data wasn't updated in my account somehow, even though I did a brand new download/Install on a newly build PC. Never experienced anything like this before on an MMO.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2019
On my character which was inactive for a while, when I returned I had to repeat some quests, which had been slightly changed. One new quest was to defeat Electric Eels, which had replaced some other creature. This isn't the same thing you had, but they're both caused by the same change, I think.