Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

fix weaver shield or just remove rank pvp from you game

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Hi Samantha Max wizard

Ice Weaver spell has a worstless shield on earth and it can't protect against any spells -50 it useless.

It would been better if you listen to someone else instead of stupid Angel LifeHeart a -50 shield can't save you from cheating players that use -90 efreets from there's pets.

Ice Weaver should have the same shield as the -55 tc in the libary and the bazaar.make them even or just switch the -50 to a blade.

because tower shields are only good when it against a balance wizard.

tc tower and ice weaver shield should be equal not worst then a tc spell.

or nerf storm scian it does to much and without a good weaver shield there's no defence for ice wizards to win less they get immune to storm school.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
If it helps any, the KI developers have been revealing which schools are seeing the most success at Level 120 to max level PVP, and Ice has been consistently in first place even after the Abominable Weaver nerf.

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Barbie934m on Oct 26, 2020 wrote:
Hi Samantha Max wizard

Ice Weaver spell has a worstless shield on earth and it can't protect against any spells -50 it useless.

It would been better if you listen to someone else instead of stupid Angel LifeHeart a -50 shield can't save you from cheating players that use -90 efreets from there's pets.

Ice Weaver should have the same shield as the -55 tc in the libary and the bazaar.make them even or just switch the -50 to a blade.

because tower shields are only good when it against a balance wizard.

tc tower and ice weaver shield should be equal not worst then a tc spell.

or nerf storm scian it does to much and without a good weaver shield there's no defence for ice wizards to win less they get immune to storm school.
As a Balance wizard, I thought the old Abominable Weaver -75 shields were fun.

That's what wand hits, Scorpion, Midnight Sprite and minions are for.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
I just want Weaver shield -60 it will help how I do rank pvp and I will never use shrike because the blacklash does to much damage to me.

I want ice Weaver shield -60 or just switch it to a +50 blade then ice Weaver will be more usable in rank PvP.

Tower shield is worstless 100%

Samantha Max I want fair play in rank PvP no wards pet against me less 45 tc remove 45 of that ward.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Yea ice is the best school so really if anything there should even be another nerd to the damage of Weaver. Ice has the highest resist, block, health, 3rd highest damage, 2nd best utilities, and all around are the strongest meta. I dont understand what is so hard about balancing ice. That's (aside from shads, which have been fixed) the #1 request is bring ice down to be among the other types fairness wise. And it just will never happen. I passionately think it is extremely ungrateful to the Devs for the effort they HAVE put into balancing to request not only not to be nerfed, but for an entire buff to any spell.

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
DavidSandwalker on Dec 9, 2020 wrote:
Yea ice is the best school so really if anything there should even be another nerd to the damage of Weaver. Ice has the highest resist, block, health, 3rd highest damage, 2nd best utilities, and all around are the strongest meta. I dont understand what is so hard about balancing ice. That's (aside from shads, which have been fixed) the #1 request is bring ice down to be among the other types fairness wise. And it just will never happen. I passionately think it is extremely ungrateful to the Devs for the effort they HAVE put into balancing to request not only not to be nerfed, but for an entire buff to any spell.
Hi Samantha here

I don't mind if Weaver damage gets nerfed but you said nerd so you kinda miss spelled.

I rather have the weaver shield up buffed and the damage I don't care about.

I only use weaver when it the only way i can put a shield on myself.

has 4 overtime they can use and 3 stun spells they can use.

I'm new to rank pvp but everyone treats me like I been doing rank pvp like everyone else in the pvp lobby.

I quit using shrike because the backlash was way to much damage.

Be family friendly to all wizards. Warlords needs to put there's nice caps on and take off the bragging cap.

No ones likes braggers it really rude.

Just saying.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
Hey Samantha,

I get that pvp (especially at higher levels) can be frustrating and there are a lot of bad attitudes in the arena, but it sounds like you maybe need a bit more practice. FinalBastian.com (formerly duelist101) has a lot of tips and gear guides that might be helpful. You can also try YouTube to see what strategies successful ice wizards are using in the arena or watch 1v1 matches in ranked to see what works. Another good solution is making friends who enjoy pvp at this level and practicing with them. Ice is a great school and it really isn't the spell that needs fixing. You just need to practice a bit more and figure out a strategy that works for you.

How is your gear? Do you have a decent pet for pvp?

If you're ending up with backlash from shrike, you need to blade up while it's cast to keep the backlash down. Maybe try carrying some treasure card blades or icebirds in your sideboard so you can cast those when you need them and you don't have to dig. If you have to, cast smaller spells like frostbite to keep the backlash from getting you. Damage over time spells are great to use with shrike.

Good luck! You got this!

Defender
Jun 14, 2017
Victoria Griffen on Dec 27, 2020 wrote:
Hey Samantha,

I get that pvp (especially at higher levels) can be frustrating and there are a lot of bad attitudes in the arena, but it sounds like you maybe need a bit more practice. FinalBastian.com (formerly duelist101) has a lot of tips and gear guides that might be helpful. You can also try YouTube to see what strategies successful ice wizards are using in the arena or watch 1v1 matches in ranked to see what works. Another good solution is making friends who enjoy pvp at this level and practicing with them. Ice is a great school and it really isn't the spell that needs fixing. You just need to practice a bit more and figure out a strategy that works for you.

How is your gear? Do you have a decent pet for pvp?

If you're ending up with backlash from shrike, you need to blade up while it's cast to keep the backlash down. Maybe try carrying some treasure card blades or icebirds in your sideboard so you can cast those when you need them and you don't have to dig. If you have to, cast smaller spells like frostbite to keep the backlash from getting you. Damage over time spells are great to use with shrike.

Good luck! You got this!
I only use Weaver to shield myself I don't care about the damage I just think a -60 or a -55 tower shield from Weaver shield that way if the weaver shield was the same as the tc shield it would be better.

Because Weaver shield should be equal to the tc tower shield.

I wish all the tc 45 blades went back to 40 when it was more even why did Kingsisle change the tc blades for anyways?

It seems it make rank pvp match unfair and it a downgrade to rank pvp.

nerfing the storm and fire tc blade and buffing myth death and ice blade to 45 is kinda unfair in rank pvp.

I love it when all the school blades where 40 tc blades that was when rank pvp was fair.

Samantha Max