Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I have a few questions about how things work in the game!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2020
Hi! I started playing this game with my family in the past month or so, just had to re-sub for the first time, and had a few questions about how certain things work. Two of us have just started using treasure cards strategically, and I want to know better how it works.

Sometimes when I use a Tough (to boost spell damage) it augments the attack spell so it is gold. Questions are:

1. If this augmented spell fizzles, where does it go? How long does it last there, if it is not lost? Can I just fill my sideboard with augmented attack spells to draw for sure in fights?

2. Why and how does it work deciding who goes first in a fight, the enemy or me and the team? I cannot discern any pattern of behavior, and if there is something we can do to ambush the enemy, consistently, it would help a lot?

3. Is there any trick to getting drops from dungeons like Mt. Olympus? Like, being the last one to deal damage, boss kill order, etc? One of us got their senator's set in three runs, and I am stuck without my toga after a dozen or so.

4. How pointless is buying packs for gear at lower levels? I thought I was lucky to get gear I could use, then found out it scales to the level of the opener. Is there a way to upgrade this gear at later levels, like level it up, or is it just cosmetic stitch fodder now?

5. In regards to pet hatching, how does that work? We have a furious krokomummy and the frankenbunny from the event, both are storm with pretty cool abilities, one casts galvanic field occasionally, and the other casts healing current occasionally. If we hatch them together, can we get a pet with both abilities? What pets can we get? So far we've done it twice, and each gotten the same pet we already had, is that random, or expected?

6. Does a pet attribute affect the frequency of casting a spell occasionally?

7. Are there any tricks to training your pet? I notice I get buffs and xp for doing minigames and feeding food, does happiness play a factor in this? Things I should or shouldn't do with the pet? Can I talk to it?

8. I hear people talk about farming a lot, should I invest in leveling that so I can get enough pet snacks?

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
1.if you use tc damage boost on a spell you create a tc card so when you fizzle it will be like if any tc fizzle she stay in your tc deck.

2.most of the time being first cast is random but for some fight the game always give it to a side or the other

3. Farming the best gear dungeon can frustrating actually i didn't found anything for olympus so sorry but you will need to face zeus again and again to get full stuff (try to find a high lvl to carry you faster)

4. Opening pack give you gears you can wear immediatly. Actually there is no way to increase the lvl of it so if you get the lvl20 hat you will need to gat him again at lvl 80.
If you like the style you can stitch anyway the style is the same for any lvl ( except for few items like the mystical flute who take the style of the seven school depend the lvl.)

5. For'the pets hatching 3 things:
- the max stats (strengh/agility/...) is (pet1+pet2)/2
- the aspect determine the cards he give and thats should be 50/50 (if there is no school specific or hybrid or crown only pet or special pet) so as you see that never 50/50 only one way to get what you want try until you get it.
- the talent pool is 5 from each parents and the 10 talents are all different (you can't get 2 spell proof on the same pet

6. May cast trigger sometime when specific spells are cast on the battle by your wizard,friend,foes,or another maycast

7. Happiness is used for willcast talent (a talent casted by your pet when you ask him to do it) and pet activities.
You gain also 4 pet xp for your equipped pet each main quest you complete.8..

8. You will farm dungeons for gears pet snack and items you want the highest lvl you are the better are the loots.
For pet snack best way to get many is gardening.

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
capncharlie on Oct 26, 2020 wrote:
Hi! I started playing this game with my family in the past month or so, just had to re-sub for the first time, and had a few questions about how certain things work. Two of us have just started using treasure cards strategically, and I want to know better how it works.

Sometimes when I use a Tough (to boost spell damage) it augments the attack spell so it is gold. Questions are:

1. If this augmented spell fizzles, where does it go? How long does it last there, if it is not lost? Can I just fill my sideboard with augmented attack spells to draw for sure in fights?

2. Why and how does it work deciding who goes first in a fight, the enemy or me and the team? I cannot discern any pattern of behavior, and if there is something we can do to ambush the enemy, consistently, it would help a lot?

3. Is there any trick to getting drops from dungeons like Mt. Olympus? Like, being the last one to deal damage, boss kill order, etc? One of us got their senator's set in three runs, and I am stuck without my toga after a dozen or so.

4. How pointless is buying packs for gear at lower levels? I thought I was lucky to get gear I could use, then found out it scales to the level of the opener. Is there a way to upgrade this gear at later levels, like level it up, or is it just cosmetic stitch fodder now?

5. In regards to pet hatching, how does that work? We have a furious krokomummy and the frankenbunny from the event, both are storm with pretty cool abilities, one casts galvanic field occasionally, and the other casts healing current occasionally. If we hatch them together, can we get a pet with both abilities? What pets can we get? So far we've done it twice, and each gotten the same pet we already had, is that random, or expected?

7. Are there any tricks to training your pet? I notice I get buffs and xp for doing minigames and feeding food, does happiness play a factor in this? Things I should or shouldn't do with the pet? Can I talk to it?

8. I hear people talk about farming a lot, should I invest in leveling that so I can get enough pet snacks?
1. TC Deck

2. Totally Random

3. Nope

4. I would wait because I level fast. Usually I open packs at max level or where most of my wizards are (I have 75, 74, 87, 104, 137)

5. If you mean the card they give, you can't get both at the same time. If you mean maycast, you can get both

6. I don't know if it affects Wizard accuracy

7.People usually spam dance games, but with pet xp every quest, I would farm to where I'm happy then just let quests level it up more.

8. Gardening is a good way to get pet snacks, yes, but it does require daily attention and only certain plants give good snacks. I suggest you start small to work up to get all of the small group spells, also get rank 4-5 bug killer.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
hi, storm again

so i realized i didn't give a proper answer for pet snack (gardening ye but which rank ? which plant ?) and attributes
so let give few information more useful:

8. gardening:

rank 7 / couch potatoes / farm saavarstad pass or mirage to get some
rank dont remember / evil magma peas / no idea where to farm them

dungeons:

waterworks, winterbane, mirror lake and the duels of rattle krok meow and zeus are popular farming spot for snacks.

6. attributes have no link with spells (maycast, willcast or just given). They only affect derby performance and the stats given
for the given ones they are in the main deck like spell from gears
the will cast are on your hand next to the other spells
the maycast trigger when some action trigger in the fight( casting blade,attacking,passing,healing,or even another maycast)

for example:
hitting with hit activate prism so still have a shield around him
the hit trigger maycast storm trap on / trap and shield on him
the trap trigger maycast pierce only trap remain

a wraith hit me
who trigger maycast fairy

for the rest DemonHunter157 and me already gave all key to know

hope this will help (more)

Delver
Sep 13, 2016

1. I goes in your deck, you can right click cards to move them and next round they will be reshuffled
2. Think its random, good questionthat pointless in my opinion
3. not really, you get one zues gear after the final boss
4. packs give you good things it is not
5. Also would like to know, i am not into hatching pets
6. dont know, sorry
7. Use the pet pavilion to play games
8. you should not worry abut snacks you get them a lot of them occasionally, i would just buy alot and then it will be enough for a long time, pet happiness does not go down that fast either

Defender
Aug 16, 2014
Some more insight into questions 6 and 8:

6. Maycasts happen in different situations, for your pets it would happen;
1. Galvanic Field: After hits, after blade, sometimes after being hit.
2. Healing Current: Usually happens after being hit.

Evil magma peas are rank 4. Needs music, water, and pollination. Only rank 1&2 pests, overall easy to handle.
Couch Potatoes are rank 3. Needs music and water. Rank 1 pests. Widely used for snacks.

Both can drop Golden Wheat Bread, Fancy Yogurt, and Captain Cantaloupe, (lvl 9s) at elder harvest

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018

Ok, I think I can only answer part of question #1, because the rest I don't really know. If a Treasure Card fizzles, it goes back into your deck so you can use it again. I think it's in your deck forever until you decide to remove it, or succeed in casting the spell.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
What on earth is a TC every says TCs TCs but what are they

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
T reasure C ard S