Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Events!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 27, 2011
Hi KI!

So, as I was decorating last night, I realized that we have events for pets (Pet Promenade), and just about all other things to do in game (Deckathalon, Spiral Showcase, etc.), but we have yet to have an event for housing! I think having an event for housing would be great considering that it is a popular activity that many wizards engage in! Ideas like this have also been suggested on Twitter and likely other places as well, like Discord, but posting it here will hopefully bring it more attention! Some rewards that I'd like to see dropped are Bric a Brac potions, Castle Blocks, etc! I genuinely think that having a housing event would bolster housing popularity, give decorators a greater chance to show off their creativity in housing, and also increase popularity of tours in the Castle Tours office! An amazing potential layout for this was posted on Twitter by Megan Icebreeze (link below) and I'm just basically typing this up to say that I second this motion! Thanks KI, for giving us the opportunity to let our ideas out there! ~

https://twitter.com/meganicebreeze/status/1250518464881704962?s=21

Administrator
MissFortuned on May 18, 2020 wrote:
Hi KI!

So, as I was decorating last night, I realized that we have events for pets (Pet Promenade), and just about all other things to do in game (Deckathalon, Spiral Showcase, etc.), but we have yet to have an event for housing! I think having an event for housing would be great considering that it is a popular activity that many wizards engage in! Ideas like this have also been suggested on Twitter and likely other places as well, like Discord, but posting it here will hopefully bring it more attention! Some rewards that I'd like to see dropped are Bric a Brac potions, Castle Blocks, etc! I genuinely think that having a housing event would bolster housing popularity, give decorators a greater chance to show off their creativity in housing, and also increase popularity of tours in the Castle Tours office! An amazing potential layout for this was posted on Twitter by Megan Icebreeze (link below) and I'm just basically typing this up to say that I second this motion! Thanks KI, for giving us the opportunity to let our ideas out there! ~

https://twitter.com/meganicebreeze/status/1250518464881704962?s=21
I personally love housing events when the community puts on a contest or other activity around housing. We're always for these ideas!

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Hello!
I really love this idea, there are a lot of people that really love their houses and spend a lot of time on them.
One suggestion would be to include points for rating the castles of others, so more people would visit as well as post their own castles. Maybe there could even be a ranking for the people who have rated the most houses over the course of the event (although there would probably need to be a timer so people wouldn't just click a star and not actually view the homes).
Another idea would be to have the highest ranked houses at the end of the event be displayed for a limited time or rewarded in some way.
The rewards could include exclusive items, hard to find items, or even item expansion elixirs.
Great Post!

Morgan DragonRiver 130