Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Collecting Pet Talent Tokens

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2008
I am sure our great designers and staff are giving some thought to ways to improve the new pet experience. I had a quiet weekend so decided to train up a new pet with one of the talents that has to be unlocked. Thanks to the Pet Promenade event happening twice, I was able to collect quite a few elixirs that helped with the overall costs.

I decided to add the "Frozen Kraken Trained" talent to a pet for my Ice wizard. Took some cross-hatching but finally got my desired pet with my preferred talents; including "Frozen Kraken Trained".

I figured out how to access the pop-window (just click on the LOCK beside the talent) and lo and behold, it indicated what combination of pet reagents was required. I was just shy one elemental token. But had a mega Storm pet close to ultra so just finished it off to get the Elemental token.

My biggest concern is that this is going to be a very slow process since not everyone will be able to acquire sufficient tokens for the various spells. Other than pet training and the Pet Promenade, there doesn't seem to be another avenue to collect them. It would be nice if some of the tougher bosses dropped these (as they drop other reagents). Hopefully, you'all will give some thought to alternative methods for gathering these elusive reagents. I am enjoying having my little pet aid in battle and I would like to add some of these new spells to my other wizard pets. Thanks.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
Tinkerblue since your doing well with the new talent system would you mind giving the community a run down on the value of the snacks your feeding your pet, rank of snack and value of each please.
The new Helephant pet call a Youkai? gives a fuel card, cost of 50 happiness, Im, interested what snacks give 50 happiness and it costs 50 to cast each time?

Thank you
Victoria