Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

An Opinion About Wizard101 Of Today

AuthorMessage
Delver
Nov 25, 2012
Hi, I don't think it is a "popular" opinion by the players but I want to talk about it because this is how I feel (in my own opinion) . I don't think Wizard101 is the magical game it used to be, in my perspective it has changed allot in the last years, what is put in the game these days make it look like a different game- compared to the old Wizard101 (og players might understand) . I am not saying the updates aren't good (some of them are and some aren't) but in another hand the game loses it's magical nature/essense we were familiar with at the very bigining.
For example the worlds that are now put in the game, compared to WizardCity, Dragonspyre, and more.
In adittion the bundles and packs that are now put in compared to the old bundles, and also the new spells compared to
the very first spells. They're all made for "entertainment" but they don't match to what the game is about.
I am not sure if it makes sense but I hope it does, that somebody will understand what Im refering to.
Feel free to commeent

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
I agree with some of the things you've said and I feel a similar way too. Here are a few of my own points:

• The Spiral felt smaller as it had less worlds and the lore of the game was less convoluted. The tone of the game also seems to have changed over the arcs. Something that has also changed is the meta, as having a secondary school was more common. Lots of wizards now a days train for certain spells within a school, like feint in the Death school.

• Lastly, Pet Derby was alive and well during the 1st and 2nd Age. Finding people to race wasn't that hard in Ranked Derby and was easy-peasy in Practice Derby. Today however, both are completely devoid of any racers, except when KingsIsle does Pet Derby on stream.

One thing to note however is you might feel that way because as we grow older, the way we look at things changes and the way we think about them changes too. Then we change ourselves gradually. We may not feel happy when doing things that made us happy before, hence some of your feelings about Wizard101 being less magical. Not all of them though, as you are 100% valid and the game has gone through many changes through its lifetime. I look forward to see what the future brings for Wizard101.