Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Ideas (Open For Any)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 19, 2010
So if administrators read this PLEASE let me know your honest opinions, I'd genuinely love to get feedback some one of you.

I was thinking of a new form of spell, one of which I converse back and forth between my girlfriend. It was a shadow based spell for Myth. She and I are fighting in Polaris because we quest together, and we get to Baba Yaga. Well she dies and comes back, (Us, not reading the guides for her cheats), gets transformed into an egg for a good few rounds as the "Late to battle" cheat. I instantly thought, "Wait. That seems like a genuine perfect spell type that myth revolves around". My girlfriend looks to me puzzled, and I explain how she was force polymorphed. She then realized as well too that it does seem to fall under the lines of the myth school as a utility classed spell. We started talking and then discussing the balancing of the spell. I came up with that it sets you to an automatic low health but given "Invincible", so that you can't die. Just like in Baba Yaga's transformation, you're given a line of spells to use (All of which are the egg saying "Transform back".) but with these line of spells, you deal minor damage (Roughly around 130-400. Much like the gobbler polymorph but a different morph.) and these ones debuff yourself in addition. You as the target get to choose your debuffs that are placed upon you. For this to work:

You're a Polymorphed creature for however many rounds it takes for you to cast two "0" pip spells on any opponent. You're invincible until morphed back, and are set back at the health you last left off. You can be further debuffed, but you have immunity to stuns during the duration. You must be able to cast the spells for it to count, however all spells have a 120% natural cast rate. Once remorphed, you're given 3 "6 round" shields (that tick down like DOT overtimes) and look much like the dispel and stun shields but as to the next polymorph spell (this way you can't be spammed). While in the morph, the spells hit your opponent and at the end, the debuffs that were attached to the spells you cast are placed onto you only after you morph back. These would be very minor debuffs with a randomized chance between a -5%, -7%, -10% accuracy/damage/incoming healing set. This is to take in place of acting sort of like a stun but as a twist. Requires 2 shadow pips and 3 power pips to cast since it's a relatively powerful spell for stalling time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One other spell type is a reflective aura, something that acts as a copycat. For instance, if the target with the aura were hit by a Wild bolt, the spell would do full damage to the target with the aura (doesn't ignore resistance or shields). It then acts like the Sentinel shadow spell reversed. it takes 30% of the outgoing initial damage, and puts it on the caster (also doesn't ignore resistance). This aura would cost 2 pips to cast and last for 6 rounds or removed by casting another aura, or Supernova. (Casting Supernova still harms the caster for damage).

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
Cool idea, but I can't see this being that useful. In both PVP and PVE why would you use a spell that turned someone invincible?

I could only see it useful as a way to gain pips/blade up while not being hit too hard? But depending on the cost again depends how useful it is.

But regardless keep it up it is a cool concept and could work well if implemented correctly.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I don't see the first one seeing much use. Shadow pips are too valuable to spend two of them on a "stun" of questionable value. Why bother doing that when I can just Shrike into a 4-pip shadow enhanced hit? The reflect aura is interesting, but if it gets reduced by resistances twice that's not much damage.