Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestion to make this game less pay to win/pay to play

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 30, 2011
So i've been playing a bit of Warframe recently, and there's a cool feature that players can trade the platinum (Which is the currency that you buy for IRL money in that game). So imagine if Crowns were tradeable.
That would open so many possibilities for the free to play players, or players who can no longer pay, or players who can only afford to get a membership and not crowns. Farming a super rare item that could sell for a few crowns to another player. That would make this game a bit more interesting!
Also, make equipment tradeable, like actually tradeable. I don't see why you guys are trying to stand out with all of these limitations.
Also fix the age system for this game, my main account was made in 2011 when i was 12, now it's 2020 and i'm nearly 21 and still don't have Open Chat. All of these new gamemodes and features but nothing that players are actually asking for..

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
rolands2011 on Mar 2, 2020 wrote:
So i've been playing a bit of Warframe recently, and there's a cool feature that players can trade the platinum (Which is the currency that you buy for IRL money in that game). So imagine if Crowns were tradeable.
That would open so many possibilities for the free to play players, or players who can no longer pay, or players who can only afford to get a membership and not crowns. Farming a super rare item that could sell for a few crowns to another player. That would make this game a bit more interesting!
Also, make equipment tradeable, like actually tradeable. I don't see why you guys are trying to stand out with all of these limitations.
Also fix the age system for this game, my main account was made in 2011 when i was 12, now it's 2020 and i'm nearly 21 and still don't have Open Chat. All of these new gamemodes and features but nothing that players are actually asking for..
Well for one, as far as my experience goes with mmo rpg online games, one of the biggest concern with trading , is preventing players from taking advantage of the trade system, and selling items for real currency. As if trading rare tc wasn't bad enough already i can't imagine how much damage that would cause to the game. Although, i stand a bit bias, I would love for a way to see players able to trade items and reagents with some kind of limitation or cost attach. As far as account issue goes you'd probably wanna get in contact with customer support. Best of luck!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
i wish they put the feature where i can gift membership without using their email or anything, you know just buy membership and send it to a wizard in your friends list and he will have membership in his account, that would be cool too

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
jafar00201020 on Mar 2, 2020 wrote:
i wish they put the feature where i can gift membership without using their email or anything, you know just buy membership and send it to a wizard in your friends list and he will have membership in his account, that would be cool too
lol they do have one its called the membership potion cost like 8k

Survivor
Jul 03, 2011
angellifeheart on Mar 3, 2020 wrote:
lol they do have one its called the membership potion cost like 8k
i know, i mean a membership itself for 10 dollars, the potion costs 15 dollars

Survivor
Aug 25, 2019
rolands2011 on Mar 2, 2020 wrote:
I just want to chime in on the age issue that you brought up real quick.

The reason your account still doesn't have open chat is because if you sign up and put your age under 13 years old, KI cannot legally store that data and your account will forever be chat restricted. This is a federal regulation that they have to abide by and is why a LOT of games just flat out say you need to be 13 years or older to play.

On your main point, I definitely think KI needs to rethink their monetization strategy. Obviously it's working for them, but it's beating the players up. The game isn't as popular as it was years ago. That's just a given. But if they just looked at the root causes of why players leave, they could have a lot more memberships rolling in and stop having to gouge the crown shop with packs and other pay-to-win style items.
I mean, look at WoW! Or even Runescape. These games have been going for waaaay longer than w101, but both boast much higher subs than w101. The reason for that, is because for the MOST part, they listen to their player base and implement changes that keep players around for years.

Delver
Dec 13, 2008
thecboxhero on Mar 10, 2020 wrote:
I just want to chime in on the age issue that you brought up real quick.

The reason your account still doesn't have open chat is because if you sign up and put your age under 13 years old, KI cannot legally store that data and your account will forever be chat restricted. This is a federal regulation that they have to abide by and is why a LOT of games just flat out say you need to be 13 years or older to play.

On your main point, I definitely think KI needs to rethink their monetization strategy. Obviously it's working for them, but it's beating the players up. The game isn't as popular as it was years ago. That's just a given. But if they just looked at the root causes of why players leave, they could have a lot more memberships rolling in and stop having to gouge the crown shop with packs and other pay-to-win style items.
I mean, look at WoW! Or even Runescape. These games have been going for waaaay longer than w101, but both boast much higher subs than w101. The reason for that, is because for the MOST part, they listen to their player base and implement changes that keep players around for years.
ayy haha shout out to runescape my dude lol but yea if they actually listen to a fraction of changes that players want like reagent trading or some way of being about to hold more tc than we already do would be nice instead of pushing the developers likes or fixes down our throats like with catacombs and removing the extract and such from elites because the recipes are so expensive and make you only wanna do it for one wiz vs someone who has possibly 2 accounts with maxes or will have maxes and then again with deckathalon and making changes legit no one asked for (looking at ratbeard and kingsisle with death deckathalon) omg the changes the were added to deaths deckathalon alone may as well just remove the whole event as a whole because almost no one made it to floor 10 it was WAY to hard because you had one mob poisoning you or blasting you with a dr.vons with only at best 1k health theres almost no way of even fighting against that when you also factor in that they removed the health regen after each floor AND nerfed pet may casts its just a pure garbage event now (sorry if i went overboard there i just used to love farming in catacombs and doing deckathalon and now both things are just getting some extremely bad changes lately..) :/