Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please do something about athame drops!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Hi. I’m writing this only to complain. Over the summer, I spent a lot of my time doing Morgan the on my death. Probably over 200 runs, if I will assume. I got it about a month ago in December, took months just to get one athame. I was pretty annoyed, but let it slide somehow. I’m now writing this to inform you that on my fire, I have been grinding Morganthe since I got there. I believe that was around 20 days ago. I am yet to receive an athame, so I decided to go for yevgeny. I am sick and tired of the drops. I went through three stacks of 45 convictions (around that) in a weekend from speed running him. I get nothing. I don’t know if it’s my luck, but one run I happened to be with a newcomer. He got it first ever try. My friend got it on both his wizards in the same day. I just want to know why I can’t get one single drop.

Administrator
JPDunn1119 on Jan 22, 2020 wrote:
Hi. I’m writing this only to complain. Over the summer, I spent a lot of my time doing Morgan the on my death. Probably over 200 runs, if I will assume. I got it about a month ago in December, took months just to get one athame. I was pretty annoyed, but let it slide somehow. I’m now writing this to inform you that on my fire, I have been grinding Morganthe since I got there. I believe that was around 20 days ago. I am yet to receive an athame, so I decided to go for yevgeny. I am sick and tired of the drops. I went through three stacks of 45 convictions (around that) in a weekend from speed running him. I get nothing. I don’t know if it’s my luck, but one run I happened to be with a newcomer. He got it first ever try. My friend got it on both his wizards in the same day. I just want to know why I can’t get one single drop.
Hi JPDunn1119!

There isn't anything particularly unique in regards to how the drops occur, so it might just be down to bad luck :(. It's been a few days, did you get one now?

Survivor
May 14, 2015
Sparck on Jan 27, 2020 wrote:
Hi JPDunn1119!

There isn't anything particularly unique in regards to how the drops occur, so it might just be down to bad luck :(. It's been a few days, did you get one now?
LIGHTBULB OVER HEAD: I bet if KingsIsle were to create a new elixir that doubles the item drop rate from all enemies in the game for, say, an hour or two, it would definitely get more people to buy and spend Crowns.

1,000 Crowns for, say, 2 hours of double item drop rate and drop chance from all monsters? You bet people will be buying those out as fast as possible so they can get through the process of farming the best gear faster.