Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rainbow Trout Should Be Removed From CotD

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2017
How is it fair that the Rainbow trout can be the catch of the day fish when the only way to catch this fish is from a housing item exclusive to a retired bundle? It's bad enough to have a CotD fish that's only from a bundle housing item, it's even worse that you can't even buy the bundle anymore, so if the Rainbow Trout is the CotD and you don't have the Private Fishing Retreat, or any friends who have it, then your CotD gold bonus goes back to 100 and it'll take 30 days to get it back up to the maximum bonus.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
I feel that if some catch of the day is from a house from a bundle or some item then the folks at Wizard101 ought to place a house of that type (or with that item) on the board so people can actually get the fish in question. Otherwise they ought to consider putting these hard-to-get fish on one or more of the worlds.

Was the Rainbow Trout the Catch of the Day recently?

I thought I exempted it for being the Catch of the Day in the fall update.

Arthur

Survivor
Mar 19, 2017
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Jan 10, 2020 wrote:
Was the Rainbow Trout the Catch of the Day recently?

I thought I exempted it for being the Catch of the Day in the fall update.

Arthur
No, it hasn't been a catch of the day fish recently, I just remembered it was a while ago, and I only just got around to complaining about it. If it has been removed that is awesome! I didn't realize it had been removed, it wasn't in the Fall Update Notes.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
Have you tries searching for the house in castle tours?

Survivor
Aug 06, 2015
The Storm King on Jan 13, 2020 wrote:
Have you tries searching for the house in castle tours?
Presumably they did, but given that it's from an item in a retired bundle it seems unlikely they could have found it within any sort of reasonable time unless they were super lucky.