Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game Update for September 18, 2019

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Thank you for your feedback on all the new Sinbad Hoard Pack and Gauntlet content! This morning we updated several items to address that feedback.

Here are the highlights:
  • Magical Clay reagents can now be moved to the Shared Bank
  • Metallos from the Sinbad Gauntlet is now in the Monstrology Tome
  • Scrappy Gryphon & Plucky Gryphon keeps Death/Myth Blade to adult phase
  • Sinbad Weapons will no longer fire maycasts in PvP
  • Kapudan's Boarding Hook now gives the proper Myth damage instead of Death damage
Note: The Kapudan's Boarding Hook was intended to give Myth magic damage and was balanced and stat-ed Myth school accordingly. Unfortunately, the item was giving Death magic boost instead of properly offering Myth. The intended purpose of the "Kapudan" set, as with other sets, was to be a properly matched theme (Fire/Myth in this case) across all pieces of gear.

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
just wondering, are those clay reagents capable of being bought and sold at the bazaar?

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
Wait so I spent all that money trying to get the Kapudands Hook with the Death damage just for it to be changed? That doesn't seem fair, the admirals one doesn't even have death damage, it's just universal, shouldn't it have death balance and life damage like the admirals armor, regardless, all that money spent and now my kapudans wand is useless

Survivor
Mar 14, 2010
Thank you so much for this update.

Administrator
AvengeTheFossil on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
Wait so I spent all that money trying to get the Kapudands Hook with the Death damage just for it to be changed? That doesn't seem fair, the admirals one doesn't even have death damage, it's just universal, shouldn't it have death balance and life damage like the admirals armor, regardless, all that money spent and now my kapudans wand is useless
The Kapudan's Boarding Hook was intended to give Myth magic damage and was balanced and stat-ed Myth school accordingly. Unfortunately, the item was giving Death magic boost instead of properly offering Myth. The intended purpose of the "Kapudan" set, as with other sets, was to be a properly matched theme (Fire/Myth in this case) across all pieces of gear.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
Thanks for the update. Hopefully placing the Desert Furnace will be fixed from the sinbad pack as well.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2016
I spent so much getting that wand and the storm one. I have 3 of them. I now can't use it. I do not think this is fair at all. A ton of people are upset about this. Can't believe I spent money for a virtual item in a video game.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Yes! I can finally work towards turning the Metallossus into a House Guest!

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
Sparck on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
Thank you for your feedback on all the new Sinbad Hoard Pack and Gauntlet content! This morning we updated several items to address that feedback.

Here are the highlights:
  • Magical Clay reagents can now be moved to the Shared Bank
  • Metallos from the Sinbad Gauntlet is now in the Monstrology Tome
  • Scrappy Gryphon & Plucky Gryphon keeps Death/Myth Blade to adult phase
  • Sinbad Weapons will no longer fire maycasts in PvP
  • Kapudan's Boarding Hook now gives the proper Myth damage instead of Death damage
Note: The Kapudan's Boarding Hook was intended to give Myth magic damage and was balanced and stat-ed Myth school accordingly. Unfortunately, the item was giving Death magic boost instead of properly offering Myth. The intended purpose of the "Kapudan" set, as with other sets, was to be a properly matched theme (Fire/Myth in this case) across all pieces of gear.
So, if we would have know that it was a mistake, I would not have spend all those crowns on my death/storm/ice account to get a myth/fire wand.
I would have used the crowns on my myth/fire/life account then. So now I wasted all those CROWNS, they do not grow on trees.
I even used crowns to stitch this wand to my death wizard, now I have to use crowns to un-stitch it and re stitch it to the generic wand. This is not fair at all. In this case, I think we deserve a refund or to have death damage added to the wand.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2016
so we won't be getting any refunds for the pack? I spent 10k~ on that "death" wand and stitched it to my old death wand (took me approx 30k crowns to get) and now I don't have the sinbad wand OR the terrors hoard pack wand. I've literally lost 40k crowns to this error and I don't think it's very fair. :(

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Oof, I had a friend of mine with the same Sinbad wand you are talking about. He was head over heals about it as a max death, but he was really disappointed about this recent patch. KingsIsle's reason for the patch is valid, but I really do hope that they give all of the death wizards who had the bugged wand a death Sinabad one for free. After all, I am sure this fatal error in the pack affected a lot of people.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Sparck on Sep 18, 2019 wrote:
The Kapudan's Boarding Hook was intended to give Myth magic damage and was balanced and stat-ed Myth school accordingly. Unfortunately, the item was giving Death magic boost instead of properly offering Myth. The intended purpose of the "Kapudan" set, as with other sets, was to be a properly matched theme (Fire/Myth in this case) across all pieces of gear.
If the themes should all match up, why doesn't the Admiral's Boarding Hook give balance, life, and death damage(as stated by avengethefossil) rather than universal damage? It doesn't seem fair that these schools have to settle for less universal damage over higher school specific damage, especially when the other pieces of the Admiral's gear give balance, life, and death specific stats.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2014
But why did you KI wait this long to change it or to even tell us? We didn't know it was a mistake and we went and spent a lot of crowns for the pack to obtain this death damage wand, now I have a wand that is utterly useless to my characters. I can speak for myself and many more players that we feel really scammed right now, which isn't cool at all from the KI team.

Survivor
May 18, 2012
If the Wand was supposed to give myth damage instead of death damage wouldn't the graphics have reflected that? I don't see how a wand that was suppose to have given myth damage would have graphics that showed death damage without somebody who worked on the item catching the error sooner.