Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Focused" Sword of Kings

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
One of the first things that we are allowed to do in the Arcanum is forge a legendary weapon, and then use our crafting skills to make it even better. But one thing that seems to be forgotten is that we already have a legendary weapon for ourselves - the Sword of Kings! I think that we should be given a future quest (or perhaps simply a recipe) in which we use our crafting skills to improve the legendary sword. Let's face it, the Sword was good at its time of release, but since then there are several different wands which make it completely obsolete, even for lower levels. This doesn't make much sense for the story considering how hard we had to work just to get it only to be given much better alternatives shortly after. An opportunity to improve the weapon using the Forge of Legends could most definitely help fix this issue.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
It's funny how the sword of kings was hyped up in the Avalon storyline and that it was this powerful weapon that could be used to defeat the shadows. However, when you finally get your hands on it, you're just like "meh", and continue to use a totally different wand to fight the shadows.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2014
After just recently getting my hands on it, I 100% back up the OP. The current Sword Of Kings is outclassed by numerous other wands, which are also way under level compared to the SOK. So either it gets a decent buff to match it's legendary status because it's grossly overhyped. Or further down the line we can craft a much better version to rival current top tier wands. Seems only fair because of how hyped it is throughout Avalon's questlines.