Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The scion spells need to be talked about.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 09, 2012
It's up for discussion.

1. Remove scion from pvp ASAP.... A single spell should NOT be able to one shot a player. All people do is shield, blade, wand hit, ect until they reach the 11 pips they need, hit, and it's game over. No "maybe" about it. It's gg. I was in a quick match 1v1 to where we were going back and forth with the 0 pip spells to gain pips, and they had a weakness on, and just dropped a scion on me and did over 9k damage WITH a weakness. Keep in mind this was only the 3rd round of quick match. I have never seen a spell so broken ever since I saw the abom weaver from the ice school.

2. Life doesn't have one???? The life scion spell is practically useless. Only practical use for it is to try to get the 1 in a million heal. As a jade, you can easily do that same amount of healing to your WHOLE team with a rebirth, or even almost double to a single person with a satyr saving SO MANY pips in the process. Everyone gets to use their all mighty spells, but we can't because we were given the most useless spell in the life school secondary to wings of fate which is also needed to be reworked.

3. If you don't want to change the life school scion, at least buff it to being a heal all team spell, nerf the healing a tad, and add healing over time or something along with it. THAT would be useful. A single heal to someone who will do quadruple their own health as a jade, wasting the pips, ect is NOT necessary. I am hoping this gets fixed. However, when's the last time the players got to use their voice for actual change ;/

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Pouffy23 on Aug 27, 2019 wrote:
It's up for discussion.

1. Remove scion from pvp ASAP.... A single spell should NOT be able to one shot a player. All people do is shield, blade, wand hit, ect until they reach the 11 pips they need, hit, and it's game over. No "maybe" about it. It's gg. I was in a quick match 1v1 to where we were going back and forth with the 0 pip spells to gain pips, and they had a weakness on, and just dropped a scion on me and did over 9k damage WITH a weakness. Keep in mind this was only the 3rd round of quick match. I have never seen a spell so broken ever since I saw the abom weaver from the ice school.

2. Life doesn't have one???? The life scion spell is practically useless. Only practical use for it is to try to get the 1 in a million heal. As a jade, you can easily do that same amount of healing to your WHOLE team with a rebirth, or even almost double to a single person with a satyr saving SO MANY pips in the process. Everyone gets to use their all mighty spells, but we can't because we were given the most useless spell in the life school secondary to wings of fate which is also needed to be reworked.

3. If you don't want to change the life school scion, at least buff it to being a heal all team spell, nerf the healing a tad, and add healing over time or something along with it. THAT would be useful. A single heal to someone who will do quadruple their own health as a jade, wasting the pips, ect is NOT necessary. I am hoping this gets fixed. However, when's the last time the players got to use their voice for actual change ;/
All except for storm, why? because id argue the is no other school that should be able to do more damage than a school with already low health. Storm is a force that should not be reckoned with, a school that dishes out very high fast damage in exchange for its poor durability. All this changed when k i decided to give every other school storm damage stats and spells of the same caliber. Scion of life already has a heal overtime towards all friends.I think it should be changed to a half of the hp spent in amount into an absorb for all friends which doubles if the requirement is met in compensation for this, yes nerf the heal by a tad amount. This would equalize the benefits.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
angellifeheart on Aug 29, 2019 wrote:
All except for storm, why? because id argue the is no other school that should be able to do more damage than a school with already low health. Storm is a force that should not be reckoned with, a school that dishes out very high fast damage in exchange for its poor durability. All this changed when k i decided to give every other school storm damage stats and spells of the same caliber. Scion of life already has a heal overtime towards all friends.I think it should be changed to a half of the hp spent in amount into an absorb for all friends which doubles if the requirement is met in compensation for this, yes nerf the heal by a tad amount. This would equalize the benefits.
I joined a quick match and a storm legit tower shielded, bladed, used a wand hit to take off my shield, and used scion on me and did 9,000 damage with a simple one shot. All you have to do in pvp now is save up enough pips and one shot instantly. That's how they are all doing it now. It is absolutely astonishing how they are allowed to use this in pvp. Not to mention, the life school doesn't have one so basically life is the only school who can't one shot. Also not to mention, the life scion is not good. And just like wings of fate being a waste of space, KI will not listen to it's players, and keep the life scion the way it is. So honestly, I truly don't know why I am even trying right now.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Pouffy23 on Aug 31, 2019 wrote:
I joined a quick match and a storm legit tower shielded, bladed, used a wand hit to take off my shield, and used scion on me and did 9,000 damage with a simple one shot. All you have to do in pvp now is save up enough pips and one shot instantly. That's how they are all doing it now. It is absolutely astonishing how they are allowed to use this in pvp. Not to mention, the life school doesn't have one so basically life is the only school who can't one shot. Also not to mention, the life scion is not good. And just like wings of fate being a waste of space, KI will not listen to it's players, and keep the life scion the way it is. So honestly, I truly don't know why I am even trying right now.
You know why they are allowed? Because they are suppose to be that one school that makes everyone thinks OMG! ITS A STORM! i remember that how things were as soon as the initial darkmoor shadow enhanced spells were released. Later along the line when pay to win op gears were introduced in packs and made it so better for other schools who had higher health than storm and did storm damage. People who were matched again storm were like oh its a storm yea this match is already over. Cause people knew to 1v1 a school with 4500-5000 health is literally spamming your 4 pips spells that do 1000-2k damage over the course of shield and that's literally 5 rounds not including shadow hits. So scion of storm was an immense buff for storms just gotta deal with it. Unlike the already broken schools who has been this way for 5 years straight.