Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ratatoskr's Spin-Crafting

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Hello KI dev's, I know the pack just recently came out to existence, and there are a lot of life main dying to get our hands on that spell. While few people are getting lucky hitting that 10-20k crowns range in spell drop, for some of us that has clearly become an unfortunate bad luck. Since many are wasting 60k+ for a simple chance of getting something what others have gotten so easily. Although i 100% believe spells should be considered in game content and not locked behind pay walls especially something that should have been giving to all schools for questing in the get go, I strongly believe making it available via crafting asap is an encouragements of hope towards life main players who are in dire need of a spell like it. But enough of my rants, my main reason for posting this topic is for when the spell becomes available for crafting judging by previous lore damage spells such as goat monk and luminous weaver the reagents required to make the spell should go as followed:
10-Ratatoskr's spin Tc
100-Perfect Jades(life)
200-ghost fires(like the other 2 previous lore)
100-Acorn(squirrel related theme) Semi rare reagent but craft able
100-fish fin(commonly used theme) Used previously rare but craft able
50- Black pearl(A rare reagent) Life theme not so easily to come by but the same goes for scrap iron and spring.
50-Sun stone(rare reagent) Common used for all lore spells
12-15 Amber not the ridiculous 25 amber u guys did for the wisteria lore spells that is ridiculous.
Anyway this should be fairly obtainable like any other lore. I crafted Goat monk and Luminous weaver So this is based on personal experience.

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
I spent about $140 on the game just to get that spell. After thinking about it, I was dumb while thinking of that. It's just such a needed spell for life and they mocked us and threw in this to gain revenue. It better be craftable soon. I can't believe this stunt got pulled on us... actually I can believe it, but it's KI

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Pouffy23 on Aug 27, 2019 wrote:
I spent about $140 on the game just to get that spell. After thinking about it, I was dumb while thinking of that. It's just such a needed spell for life and they mocked us and threw in this to gain revenue. It better be craftable soon. I can't believe this stunt got pulled on us... actually I can believe it, but it's KI
Needed? no i level from scratch to 130 soloing most of the time. How long it took me? A month. No one likes Forest lord for its long animation, but it does x2 the damage than what the new spell does. Also a life was made as a supporting class in pve if your not taking advantage of team ups in dungeons etc when that didn't exist before, progress is going to be slow. 140 Bucs on a pack? ouch but then again who am i to judge your money is your money, but there is a lot i could do with 140 buc's worth of crowns on wiz xD. Its not k i fault that some people aren't getting the spell, its people fault for not realizing packs are lottery games. How many times have you won the lottery? xD #reallifematters.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
The reagents you enlisted here seems about fair.

With the spell being next to impossible to obtain, it doesn't make much sense to have the reagents being of the same merit; hard to obtain as well.

I especially agree with the latter part about the Amber.

25 does seem a bit too much.

10-15 seems like a fair number, one I would like to see be used for all other upcoming craftable spells.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
It seems like a lot yes, but just plant ultra king parleys. Amber is easy to get

Defender
Jul 09, 2012
angellifeheart on Aug 29, 2019 wrote:
Needed? no i level from scratch to 130 soloing most of the time. How long it took me? A month. No one likes Forest lord for its long animation, but it does x2 the damage than what the new spell does. Also a life was made as a supporting class in pve if your not taking advantage of team ups in dungeons etc when that didn't exist before, progress is going to be slow. 140 Bucs on a pack? ouch but then again who am i to judge your money is your money, but there is a lot i could do with 140 buc's worth of crowns on wiz xD. Its not k i fault that some people aren't getting the spell, its people fault for not realizing packs are lottery games. How many times have you won the lottery? xD #reallifematters.
You legit have over 400 posts on a wizard forums account. And you also mention you leveled up to 130 in "one month". Nice hypocrisy there but I mean, who am I to judge what people do on their own time as I don't know what's going on at home :P

Anyways, as a max life, I am well aware that it's easy to solo as a life. However, 4 pip spells are used for F A R M I N G and PvP. I'm not sure if you knew that??? As I said, life is the only school without more than one aoe hit (wings of fate isn't even a spell as it's so embarassing), and nobody likes to farm with a forest lord that takes rounds to rack up on. But uh, you have fun working day and night on wizard101 #reallifematters

Also saving this message so if they decide to not allow me to post it, ill keep trying.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2012
I have already written a post on the subject of spells and packs. In my opinion, which I believe to be shared by many is that new school spells that have been asked by the community or newly created should not, never be included in a pack.

All of us since we created a new wizard either were given a spell when reaching a certain level or received a higher school spell when answering a quest as we got to higher levels. Many other spells were obtained by going to the proper Professor or those throughout the spiral offering utility spells for all through the use of training points.

I have no problem with Loremaster dropping certain spells which most of them can now be crafted. And basically, newly created school specific spells should be available to everyone in that school by either meeting the requirements of a special quest or be able to craft it. The requirements for crafting should be hard but realistic and fair.

It is unhealthy for KI to create division between schools when a few lucky ones will obtain a spell that many are looking for. To entice players to spend, in some cases, a great amount of money for the chance of obtaining a spell is in my view problematic. I know that there are many hard core players, but if this is in fact also a family game and not everyone can afford to buy unlimited quantities of packs for the less than probable chance of getting what they want.

Packs should include TC's that people may need for crafting spells, pets , gear, special reagents, housing items that people are looking for, seeds etc, but not spells.

I invite them to revise their strategy and listen hard to the community. Make people happy and they stick around. And yes, people will still buy Crowns and renew membership if they feel they are not taken advantage of.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Pouffy23 on Sep 1, 2019 wrote:
You legit have over 400 posts on a wizard forums account. And you also mention you leveled up to 130 in "one month". Nice hypocrisy there but I mean, who am I to judge what people do on their own time as I don't know what's going on at home :P

Anyways, as a max life, I am well aware that it's easy to solo as a life. However, 4 pip spells are used for F A R M I N G and PvP. I'm not sure if you knew that??? As I said, life is the only school without more than one aoe hit (wings of fate isn't even a spell as it's so embarassing), and nobody likes to farm with a forest lord that takes rounds to rack up on. But uh, you have fun working day and night on wizard101 #reallifematters

Also saving this message so if they decide to not allow me to post it, ill keep trying.
Oh i actually didn't got to read this but yes as you can see i join sep 30 2018 here on the forum that was exactly when i got my one year membership :D i actually got to max as in level 130 by the end of October 30 which happens to be 1 month. From there i took the time to harvest ingredients endless hours farming darkmoor, morganthe, lore, and many other bosses. I am happy to have made it this far currently sep/5/2019 in a few weeks of course my member is ending. And i am not sure am gonna renew it so am just salvaging the moment one would say. "its never about the destination but the journey in between' :) It is as not impossible as you think to achieve that now no not if your own everyday for at least 2-3 hours. I also was blessed with good friends. There is a lot of things am aware of esp around pvp :) i mean i have only been doing so for 5 yrs on my old accounts mate. Like i said lore spells has been apart of packs since the initial release of ninja packs etc. Its always been apart of k i ways of making money i may not entirely support it but i don't k i do i? Stick to the facts mate and learn to appreciate the value of the journey.