Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cyber bully's needs to go

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2018
Friday, August 16
8/16/2019

Dear Friends,
My player's name is Kaitlyn Ice Hammer
It has come to the people's attention that PVP is a very toxic place. For example, people are always trying to bring down other players self-esteem behind a computer screen. But what they might not know is that one day those words can hurt someone to the point of where that person will be put into emotional distress. Also, take into account this is a children game one word or thing can ruin a person life forever. Yes, I've always delta with this sort of things in the game where I don't let it affect me. But today was different had a terrible experience which is why I'm making this letter. Today I was in a practice 4v4 match 1 pm till 1:30 pm is the time gap I can give I was being insulted the entire time during this entire thing being called a hoe, noob, old hag, trash, Scrubs, Wiz mom(Even tho I'm not) and many more names and that put me in a very bad mental state. And I felt bad because these people were not punished for their actions. Yes, I reported them but the game did nothing about it the wiz community should not let stuff like this go that easily because yes it was me today that was taking the hit but someday it might be your children friends or family that will have to deal with this. And being hit with remarks like this constantly made me go to a dark place. So I want to bring awareness to Cyber-bullying in Wizard101 it needs to go trying to bring people down is not OK and will never be. Yes, I and my friends that were in the 4v4 reported them but it would be helpful if you did to so players like this won't exist in this game thank you for your time and consideration.Also, I have photographic evidence of this stuff occurring at the time. But please beware of these players I felt extremely attacked and I don't want other people to fall victim to this Cyber-bullying. Help me with some tips on how to get someone banned for that matter.

Your friend, Kaitlyn IceHammer

Angel a death wizard level 125
William hawk talon life 130
Cole level 1 death a secondary account

Survivor
Jun 23, 2017
Hi Kaitlyn, I am sorry that you had a bad experience with those people. I am not sure that they can banned from one incidents especially if they haven’t gotten in trouble before. Just know that being rude isn’t actually against the rules. The only word that would really get them in trouble would be the 3 letter “h” one since that is a bad word and they probably had to go around the chat filter to say which is another bad thing they did. If Kingsisle doesn’t anything, you may want to send them email and explain how brutally attacked you were with the proof and that you want some type of justice. If they keep on acting like this, they will most likely get a 10 year mute eventually.

Delver
Mar 09, 2018
Unfortunately the most you can do right now is what you did as well as ignoring them [like putting their character on your character's ignore list]. While it would be nice for a bit more moderation to take place here PvP is a competitive place and you're bound to get a few bad eggs who do this.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Pandas072001 on Aug 17, 2019 wrote:
Friday, August 16
8/16/2019

Dear Friends,
My player's name is Kaitlyn Ice Hammer
It has come to the people's attention that PVP is a very toxic place. For example, people are always trying to bring down other players self-esteem behind a computer screen. But what they might not know is that one day those words can hurt someone to the point of where that person will be put into emotional distress. Also, take into account this is a children game one word or thing can ruin a person life forever. Yes, I've always delta with this sort of things in the game where I don't let it affect me. But today was different had a terrible experience which is why I'm making this letter. Today I was in a practice 4v4 match 1 pm till 1:30 pm is the time gap I can give I was being insulted the entire time during this entire thing being called a hoe, noob, old hag, trash, Scrubs, Wiz mom(Even tho I'm not) and many more names and that put me in a very bad mental state. And I felt bad because these people were not punished for their actions. Yes, I reported them but the game did nothing about it the wiz community should not let stuff like this go that easily because yes it was me today that was taking the hit but someday it might be your children friends or family that will have to deal with this. And being hit with remarks like this constantly made me go to a dark place. So I want to bring awareness to Cyber-bullying in Wizard101 it needs to go trying to bring people down is not OK and will never be. Yes, I and my friends that were in the 4v4 reported them but it would be helpful if you did to so players like this won't exist in this game thank you for your time and consideration.Also, I have photographic evidence of this stuff occurring at the time. But please beware of these players I felt extremely attacked and I don't want other people to fall victim to this Cyber-bullying. Help me with some tips on how to get someone banned for that matter.

Your friend, Kaitlyn IceHammer

Angel a death wizard level 125
William hawk talon life 130
Cole level 1 death a secondary account
What, "Wiz mom" is an insult? Kaitlyn, judging by the levels of your wizards, it seems you've been playing a long time; and never in all that time have you been insulted? Rude words is no reason to report ( cursing around the filters is & I'm surprised that "hoe" got through.)
Just use your ignore button.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
What, "Wiz mom" is an insult? Kaitlyn, judging by the levels of your wizards, it seems you've been playing a long time; and never in all that time have you been insulted? Rude words is no reason to report ( cursing around the filters is & I'm surprised that "hoe" got through.)
I think your missing the actual point. Within her scenario she claims she was being attacked which is really different from being rude. Sure there is a mute button and am not trying to over exaggerate or justify the immature low life wannabes out there with a toxic attitude, but am pretty sure the #1 priority of ki is to make wiz a safe and healthy mmorpg. There are also kids playing and half the time i do believe mostly kids are actually the ones more eager to act this way. An adult with a sense of decency wouldn't have the need to behave to immaturely. A simple gg after matches is enough to show respect.

Administrator
Hi Pandas072001, thank you for sharing your concerns about your game experience, and the concerns of others in the community.

We take any kind of harassment very seriously. If it's not something worth just using the Ignore button on, please do contact our support team right away if you feel there is harassment in the game, or on any official sites or groups:

https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

If it's a chat concern, such as someone threatening someone else in real life, please provide detailed screenshots of these kind of conversations if you can.

Let us know at any time something is of a concern!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
angellifeheart on Aug 23, 2019 wrote:
I think your missing the actual point. Within her scenario she claims she was being attacked which is really different from being rude. Sure there is a mute button and am not trying to over exaggerate or justify the immature low life wannabes out there with a toxic attitude, but am pretty sure the #1 priority of ki is to make wiz a safe and healthy mmorpg. There are also kids playing and half the time i do believe mostly kids are actually the ones more eager to act this way. An adult with a sense of decency wouldn't have the need to behave to immaturely. A simple gg after matches is enough to show respect.
I didn't miss the actual point - the thing is, you can tell someone to "shut up" by Ignoring them. "Someone's calling me names" isn't a reason to report. "Someone's cursing around the filters" is.

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
I would like to add, this also happens in the commons too. Especially by the 2 players with the names Olivia wildcaster and Isaac Wildcaster. I have a whole video of this too

Defender
Oct 12, 2017
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
There’s a difference between being rude and bullying offensively by talking in a bad way. I can’t tolerate any of this stuff, its a problem lincoln doesn’t usually do anything about it. Sure the ignore button can work, but that doesn’t help when theres other friends and lots of them around then that will make it worse, especially when they will still talk bad but you cant see it, it only gives them an even more advantage. This causes severe suicidal depression and mental illness, and must be dealt with immediately and forcefully.