Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wonderful weapon designs!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2015
One thing I've always loved about both Wizard101 and Pirate101 is some of the weapon designs. Some of them are pretty cool, and even make a lot of sense in the real world.

For example, look at the weapon "Brace of Annihilation", dropped by Malistaire the Undying and Spirit of Darkmoor ( along with it's Pirate101 cousin, the Gargoyle Shield, found in the Ashes of the Armada pack in that game ). I cannot get over the unique design of the blade, with that long opening that runs down the ENTIRE length of the blade until it reaches the hilt. Not only does it remind me of the famous Halo energy sword, it looks like it was specifically designed to block, trap, and control an opponent's weapon.

I'm no expert on sword-fighting, but I'm fairly certain that if your weapon got trapped between the blades of that thing, all it would take is one strong twist of the wrist to send that thing flying out of your hand, or even out of the area entirely, leaving you with no weapon to fight with.

And contrary to what you may think, this... actually makes sense. There have been a handful of weapons like this that have been used throughout history, such as the Parrying Daggers used during the late Middle Ages and the Early Renaissance, among other examples.

So yeah, personally, if I ever get the chance to custom order a sword from a blacksmith, I'm definitely getting a replica of the "Brace of Annihilation" sword, simply because of it's superior design and the potential to disarm enemies. And come on, it just looks COOL!

So, what about you? What are some of YOUR favorite looking weapons in Wizard101 or Pirate101? How do you think they would work in a real life setting, such as with the ability to easily disarm an enemy with the one I mentioned above?

Administrator
We have our own favorites, but those don't count :).