Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chair mount, why make a furniture item?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I was responding to the thread about walking, when I remembered tech from another mmo I played years ago.
People are constantly wanting to sit in chairs in mmos so a game just took a mount and made it unable to move, then made it look like a throne. Suddenly everyone who wanted to sit in a chair could do so just by buying the throne mount.

there are some problems: Wizard101 doesn't let you equip a mount indoors so you couldn't have a chair wherever you wanted one, though castle block houses wouldn't notice.
Boots of the Comet add +10% to your walking speed so even a -100% speed mount could crawl along at 10%. Though that could be considered a bonus! I am sure people would tire of that quickly, and hey more sales for those ancient crown shop shoes!

I don't particularly want Lawn and patio chairs, even though you could only use them outside.
possibly rocking chairs...
A large arm chair and a small stool would both be nice.

Logistically, how do you price a mount that doesn't move? On the other hand you aren't really buying it as a mount
You are buying it for the animations.

The chair would have to be in the mounts section of the crowns shop. For the description page; instead of a winged boot with a speed penalty, I would write: stationary, outdoors only.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Zebulous Newt on May 29, 2019 wrote:
I was responding to the thread about walking, when I remembered tech from another mmo I played years ago.
People are constantly wanting to sit in chairs in mmos so a game just took a mount and made it unable to move, then made it look like a throne. Suddenly everyone who wanted to sit in a chair could do so just by buying the throne mount.

there are some problems: Wizard101 doesn't let you equip a mount indoors so you couldn't have a chair wherever you wanted one, though castle block houses wouldn't notice.
Boots of the Comet add +10% to your walking speed so even a -100% speed mount could crawl along at 10%. Though that could be considered a bonus! I am sure people would tire of that quickly, and hey more sales for those ancient crown shop shoes!

I don't particularly want Lawn and patio chairs, even though you could only use them outside.
possibly rocking chairs...
A large arm chair and a small stool would both be nice.

Logistically, how do you price a mount that doesn't move? On the other hand you aren't really buying it as a mount
You are buying it for the animations.

The chair would have to be in the mounts section of the crowns shop. For the description page; instead of a winged boot with a speed penalty, I would write: stationary, outdoors only.
I played 2 mmos that let you sit down. One was Disney's Pixie Hollow, but since that game was 2 dimensional, it was easy just to code in a sit down picture of your fairy. The other game was Free Realms ( SOE ) and they had a beach chair mount with zero movement. I remember all the players with this mount hanging out at Seaside ( LOL good memories )!
We have emotes that can last a long time as long as you don't make a movement - how about a sit down emote?
Either you can sit on the ground "crisscross applesauce" style or a chair could simply appear under you. And since you can do emotes anywhere, this can be done in our castles as well as outdoors.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Great idea! A chair mount for next April Fools!