Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Memorial day not recognized

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 22, 2010
Perhaps I have not been on my wizard enough to notice, but in years past, the game would give a code to recognize Veterans day in the USA, however the holiday reaches much father than just the USA. Now, today, i login thinking i missed Veterans day last year, only to find that my other friends online don't have last years veterans day item. While I think it was veteran's day that we received a gift, and assuming i and all my friends missed the code, perhaps we can also think of doing an item for memorial day.

For people unfamiliar with the holiday, memorial day is the day on which those who died in active military are remembered. The remembrance of lost soldiers is a critical component to all cultures for the families never see the returning soldier.

In years past when I was more active, I would cherish obtaining the Veteran's day free item because my family has served. Their children could have an open dialog about the item when it was received from Wizard101. To this day, many of the children we know still play the game (although they might dispute the title child).

I encourage Wizard101 to recognize, again, that this is an important holiday for a large number of users. Perhaps some of them have lost someone, and setup the item in their online house.

Great game, by the way :D

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Is there no Memorial Day item this time around??

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Saluting the Wizards with family members who didn't come home.

Far to often Americans forget that we have the freedoms we have because the tree of Liberty has been watered with the blood of those patriots who gave their all.

More frequently we forget those they left behind.

So for those Wizards who have lost Sons and Daughters, Brothers and Sisters, Husbands and Wives, or Mothers and Fathers. I salute you! I keep you in my prayers.

My sons still serve (one is deploying tomorrow), my daughter is retired army and my son-in-law still serves.

Steven Ghoststalker
Proud Father

Administrator
You are right, we should recognize the day more formally. Have we done this in the past?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on May 28, 2019 wrote:
You are right, we should recognize the day more formally. Have we done this in the past?
We've always had a special item for Veterans Day in November but don't think we've ever had an item for Memorial Day (May). Maybe there could be 2 points of recognition since Veterans Day celebrates the services of all military, while Memorial is in honor of those who lost their lives?

I think we all share much respect for veterans and much compassion for the families whose loved ones didn't make it home. Perhaps instead of a second item given to us there could be a Memorial Day item made that can be bought with all proceeds going to a charity to support the families?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
PS. The 2018 Veterans Day code was for the Peace Dove pet. We haven't yet reached Veterans Day 2019 (it's in November).

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Yes.. there was always something.. kind of mad it was ignored this year.. not gonna lie..

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Wizards101 has done this in the past on Veterans Day in Nov....not on Memorial Day

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I know that Veteran's Day is kept by KI, but I haven't seen a Memorial Day salute/keepsake for a while.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
On reviewing my items, it seems that KI combines these 2 holidays.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
If you intend on showing some attention to the Holiday, you can still do so as it is not too late.

Survivor
May 19, 2012
Yes it is good that this is being recognized now. But i think that they should Upgrade the trading system. so we can trade mounts clothes wands etc. so that way other than gifting things arent sooo hard to get your hands on.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
AH good catch its in November! mental note to self :"November only!!" thanks for the reminder! Joys of getting old forgetting everything ya know.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009