Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Exploding Embers

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
It occurred to me that when they get around to making Extract Elemental, the Exploding Embers in Briskbreeze Tower might pose a problem. From what I understand, that instant-kill meteor strike they use isn't classified as a cheat, but is actually a proper spell in their deck. This means that anyone can farm their animus and turn their power against anything they please.

So I'm bringing this to Kingsisle's attention now so they can start on a solution before one is actually needed.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
average moe on May 9, 2019 wrote:
It occurred to me that when they get around to making Extract Elemental, the Exploding Embers in Briskbreeze Tower might pose a problem. From what I understand, that instant-kill meteor strike they use isn't classified as a cheat, but is actually a proper spell in their deck. This means that anyone can farm their animus and turn their power against anything they please.

So I'm bringing this to Kingsisle's attention now so they can start on a solution before one is actually needed.
I have a solution. There is already the forbiddance of Treasure Cards that expel bosses. Why shouldn't a similar thing be done for Summons of creatures that are obviously overpowered?

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2009
I think that the Exploding Embers should be made extractable, and that we should be allowed to use their 10k Meteor Strike with Monstrology, though with some changes. After all, the most efficient way to defeat enemies is to one-shot them ourselves, so what's wrong with having a minion do it for us?

While Fire and Balance wizards will have the easiest time having the minion one-shot everything, Feint will work wonders here. Stacking trained and TC Feints will do 28,900 damage. Adding an Item Card Feint brings this to 49,130, and a Potent Feint on top of that makes it 88,434 damage. Pretty big numbers, which brings me to the change I want to make:

Have the Exploding Ember's Meteor Strike ignore damage buffs.

Forced to do only 10,000 damage at the most with each meteor, the minion's low health begins to matter more. Against the bosses in Avalon and onward with more than 10k health, your minion will start being the target of attacks after the first meteor. You will either need to hit alongside the minion to defeat the boss, or play defense so that the minion can hit multiple times.

With this change, I think that the Exploding Ember could become a fun alternative way of defeating bosses in the second arc, where you see bosses with tons and tons of health and are a major pain to fight if you can't one-shot them, but with the minion's low health it will become immensely difficult to keep alive long enough to attack even once by the time you reach Mirage.

Community Leader
I believe that creatures that are summoned by other creatures like Seijun Killer, Conscripted Manders and in this case Exploding Embers will NOT be added to monstrology as it was stated somewhere earlier. The first two creatures I mentioned above were previously available. Take a look in your tome now.

The same goes for the Stomper colossus found in the last floor of Briskbreeze Tower. I don't fully agree with the decision, but that is how it is.

Writer and Admin at Final Bastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP