Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranking the worlds!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
(I understand there might already be a post on this, but I wanted to ask with some criteria). Alright guys, if you could rank the worlds, based on looks, general feel, questing difficulty, and character attachment, what would you place where? Please include a brief description.

My personal would be (excluding emperya because I haven't been there):

1. Khrysalis: Why did I love this world so much? I'll tell ya! It looked so awesome. The feel was so good and the pressure leading to Morganthe was intense! Shadow magic was great. The difficulty was fantastic. But what makes this better than Avalon? My favorite character in the entire game: Dyvim Whitehart. He is so cool.

2. Avalon: For me, this world seems to be a lot of favorites. It looks absolutely awesome, the feel was great, and the difficulty was perfect! I remember many of the characters.

3. Wysteria: Going to rival schools was awesome, and fighting Chester Droors was so cool! Fantastic on all criteria.

4. Dragonspyre: We got to beat Malistare! Great on all of my criteria.

5. Zafaria: I loved it! It looked okay, but the feel was incredible. The difficulty was good, and Inyanga Whitestripes (spelling?) is my favorite.

6. GM / WT: Good look, good feel, good difficulty, good characters. Good.

7. Marleybone: Dark and mysterious! I didn't mind this place at all. It looked cool, it was pretty easy, and who forgets Sherlock Bones.

8. Krokotopia: It looked pretty alright, and it was not too hard. The characters were pretty cool, and I enjoy questing here now and then.

9. (I like these) Wizard City: BEGINNING!

10. MooShu (last world I am mean to): MooShu for me, was not very excited. I would say it is OKAY. It has okay looks, okay feel, okay difficulty, and a terrible character attachment.

11. Celestia: I'm sorry. There wasn't much there in my opinion. It was okay difficulty wise, the feel was alright, but the characters are out of my memory.

12. Polaris: It doesn't bother me that it is a small world. I feel as if it was WAY too easy (please don't flame me ) and the characters are okay I guess. Walruskburg was cool. Credit to KI for that one.

13. Azteca: gonna break my own rules with two words: The Length

14. Mirage: Good number of cheating bosses. Little on the difficult side, and I found the place to be bland, and didn't get attached to any of the characters.

Thanks for reading! - Wolf DeathStone

Explorer
Nov 21, 2011
(Hope ya like some controversy, because a lot of people seem surprised by the worlds i dislike!)

<Favourite Worlds!>

1. Empyrea: Wow. And i thought the pressure at the end of the 2nd arc was intense. And then the 3rd arc blows it out of the water. Empyrea was released in 2 parts, So naturally it's a fairly large world. The challenge is just what you'd expect from a final world: you need to stay on your toes throughout the entire thing, or else you're likely to take huge hits to the face. The characters are arguably the most memorable so far, and those who we met in earlier worlds were expanded upon. The different areas of this fragmented world all look superb (In particular, the Aero Plains. Beautiful!), and it definitely shows that KI have upped their game in designing these worlds in recent years. Well done!

2. Khrysalis: The only downside to this world is the fact that it is the longest world in the game to date, by far. Like Empyrea, Khrysalis was so long that it was released in 2 parts, and since this was the pre-story driven era (Apparently all upcoming arcs will have 3 worlds as opposed to the old 5), the world itself is a lot longer than the more recent ones in the third arc. That minor issue aside though, the final showdown with Morganthe is everything you'd expect it to be. And let's not forget this was the world that introduced Shadow magic, something which would go on to become a staple in high level gameplay, and companions to follow you around and give you a stat boost (Props to Dyvim Whitehart!). This was truly the start of the new era in Wizard101!

3. Mirage: Considering the sands of time are literal sands, i'm surprised that the inhabitants of Mirage don't cause any disturbances in the timeline. Or god forbid, us, when we go there. Honestly though, this just feels like a far better Krokotopia. Istar and Ozzy were both very memorable for me, and it also makes me wish we could choose a random companion to come with us on our journeys. Only legitimate downside i can say about this place is the difficulty, or rather, how erratic i found it. One minute you're steamrolling everything, and the next, you're losing half your health to a shadow hit!

<Loved Worlds>

4. Mooshu: As a fan of Japanese culture, i'm inclined to like Mooshu. That alone would be enough to rank it highly. The entire peaceful feel of the world is just appealing to me. Each of the Oni seem to have their own personality, and the Jade Oni in particular is hard to forget. As a first-time player, his sheer health pool is a shocker! The quests, like most of the 1st arc worlds, are relatively easy.

5. Azteca: If you like long, brutal fights, you're going to like Azteca. I see many complaints about world length, but ironically, Khrysalis is actually longer. This is also where the 2nd arc starts to get intense: because if you know prophecies in wizard101, there's a very high chance they're going to come true. Uh-oh!

6. Polaris: Why was this world so short!? It was so good! So many new characters to meet, We were introduced to the Arcanum, and it had also been a long time since our wizards had set foot into frost-touched lands. A very welcome return!

<Liked Worlds>

7. Dragonspyre: The fated final confrontation with Malistaire (Or is it?). The gloomy, depressing atmosphere of the world is actually very fitting, it gives you the impression that every other world you've visited at this point could meet the same fate if the Fire Titan is awakened. If the ghosts could not be seen, it would really feel like it's just you vs the entire world. A perfect finale for the 1st arc.

8. Celestia: Being the place where we access the 3 astral schools, this world is a hard one for me to forget. It used to rank a lot higher for me (at least until the third arc came along..), but having run through the game again multiple times since, the impression it left on me has begun to fade. Even so, whenever you use those auras or enchants, never forget the place you first obtained them..

9. Wysteria: While in the past it has ranked a lot lower, Wysteria has been growing on me, as of late. The school rivalry is very entertaining, although it's made even better by how one-sided the rivalry seems. The areas also all look pretty good. I can see my wizard just kicking his boots off and relaxing by the cliffs on Pegasus Place!

10. Zafaria: Collect quest. Collect quest. Collect quest. Collect quest. Memes aside though, the tribal theme is something i've always enjoyed in other games, and wizard101 is no different. While other worlds have done the same thing, i still feel Zafaria did it best overall. The world's difficulty feels perfect for this point in the game. So why is it this low? Simple, i just like all the other worlds more

11. Wizard City: How could you forget this place? This is where it all began! And with the upcoming overhaul, this might actually become one of the best designed worlds in the game, and might push this world higher up the list. (Good job, KI!)

<Average Worlds>

12. Krokotopia: A very average world, in my opinion. Later worlds have done the desert look better, the difficulty is easy (but that's no surprise, it's only the 2nd world..), and most of the characters i found forgettable, with a handful of exceptions. Krokotopia is not bad, nor is it good, it's just.. there.

<Disliked Worlds>

13. Grizzleheim/Wintertusk: It hurts me to put it this low, since i genuinely did enjoy the world, the characters were memorable, and while the difficulty is a bit higher than the norm at the appropriate level, i never once felt it was too hard. So what's the problem, you may ask? The pitiful XP gains pre-Wintertusk. The XP gain is so low in the first half that it's literally not worth my time. Wintertusk's XP gain on the other hand, more than makes up for the slog through the first half of the world.

14. Marleybone: Oh no, all the bad memories are coming back..! Those walkways.. all the pulls... *shivers*

<Hated Worlds>

15. Avalon: Ugh, i swear i'm the only one who actually hates this place. The only memories i have of this place that are actually positive would be Ghost Avalon (and some of the later areas for looks) and the combat theme. The only character i feel i cannot write off would be Artorius, and that's almost purely because he gave me a spell. This place actually singlehandedly halted my questing for a really long time, i found it that boring. Much like Grizzleheim, these days i just grit my teeth and push through the pain whenever i quest through it on a new wizard.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
Mirandaassassin II on Apr 24, 2019 wrote:
(Hope ya like some controversy, because a lot of people seem surprised by the worlds i dislike!)

<Favourite Worlds!>

1. Empyrea: Wow. And i thought the pressure at the end of the 2nd arc was intense. And then the 3rd arc blows it out of the water. Empyrea was released in 2 parts, So naturally it's a fairly large world. The challenge is just what you'd expect from a final world: you need to stay on your toes throughout the entire thing, or else you're likely to take huge hits to the face. The characters are arguably the most memorable so far, and those who we met in earlier worlds were expanded upon. The different areas of this fragmented world all look superb (In particular, the Aero Plains. Beautiful!), and it definitely shows that KI have upped their game in designing these worlds in recent years. Well done!

2. Khrysalis: The only downside to this world is the fact that it is the longest world in the game to date, by far. Like Empyrea, Khrysalis was so long that it was released in 2 parts, and since this was the pre-story driven era (Apparently all upcoming arcs will have 3 worlds as opposed to the old 5), the world itself is a lot longer than the more recent ones in the third arc. That minor issue aside though, the final showdown with Morganthe is everything you'd expect it to be. And let's not forget this was the world that introduced Shadow magic, something which would go on to become a staple in high level gameplay, and companions to follow you around and give you a stat boost (Props to Dyvim Whitehart!). This was truly the start of the new era in Wizard101!

3. Mirage: Considering the sands of time are literal sands, i'm surprised that the inhabitants of Mirage don't cause any disturbances in the timeline. Or god forbid, us, when we go there. Honestly though, this just feels like a far better Krokotopia. Istar and Ozzy were both very memorable for me, and it also makes me wish we could choose a random companion to come with us on our journeys. Only legitimate downside i can say about this place is the difficulty, or rather, how erratic i found it. One minute you're steamrolling everything, and the next, you're losing half your health to a shadow hit!

<Loved Worlds>

4. Mooshu: As a fan of Japanese culture, i'm inclined to like Mooshu. That alone would be enough to rank it highly. The entire peaceful feel of the world is just appealing to me. Each of the Oni seem to have their own personality, and the Jade Oni in particular is hard to forget. As a first-time player, his sheer health pool is a shocker! The quests, like most of the 1st arc worlds, are relatively easy.

5. Azteca: If you like long, brutal fights, you're going to like Azteca. I see many complaints about world length, but ironically, Khrysalis is actually longer. This is also where the 2nd arc starts to get intense: because if you know prophecies in wizard101, there's a very high chance they're going to come true. Uh-oh!

6. Polaris: Why was this world so short!? It was so good! So many new characters to meet, We were introduced to the Arcanum, and it had also been a long time since our wizards had set foot into frost-touched lands. A very welcome return!

<Liked Worlds>

7. Dragonspyre: The fated final confrontation with Malistaire (Or is it?). The gloomy, depressing atmosphere of the world is actually very fitting, it gives you the impression that every other world you've visited at this point could meet the same fate if the Fire Titan is awakened. If the ghosts could not be seen, it would really feel like it's just you vs the entire world. A perfect finale for the 1st arc.

8. Celestia: Being the place where we access the 3 astral schools, this world is a hard one for me to forget. It used to rank a lot higher for me (at least until the third arc came along..), but having run through the game again multiple times since, the impression it left on me has begun to fade. Even so, whenever you use those auras or enchants, never forget the place you first obtained them..

9. Wysteria: While in the past it has ranked a lot lower, Wysteria has been growing on me, as of late. The school rivalry is very entertaining, although it's made even better by how one-sided the rivalry seems. The areas also all look pretty good. I can see my wizard just kicking his boots off and relaxing by the cliffs on Pegasus Place!

10. Zafaria: Collect quest. Collect quest. Collect quest. Collect quest. Memes aside though, the tribal theme is something i've always enjoyed in other games, and wizard101 is no different. While other worlds have done the same thing, i still feel Zafaria did it best overall. The world's difficulty feels perfect for this point in the game. So why is it this low? Simple, i just like all the other worlds more

11. Wizard City: How could you forget this place? This is where it all began! And with the upcoming overhaul, this might actually become one of the best designed worlds in the game, and might push this world higher up the list. (Good job, KI!)

<Average Worlds>

12. Krokotopia: A very average world, in my opinion. Later worlds have done the desert look better, the difficulty is easy (but that's no surprise, it's only the 2nd world..), and most of the characters i found forgettable, with a handful of exceptions. Krokotopia is not bad, nor is it good, it's just.. there.

<Disliked Worlds>

13. Grizzleheim/Wintertusk: It hurts me to put it this low, since i genuinely did enjoy the world, the characters were memorable, and while the difficulty is a bit higher than the norm at the appropriate level, i never once felt it was too hard. So what's the problem, you may ask? The pitiful XP gains pre-Wintertusk. The XP gain is so low in the first half that it's literally not worth my time. Wintertusk's XP gain on the other hand, more than makes up for the slog through the first half of the world.

14. Marleybone: Oh no, all the bad memories are coming back..! Those walkways.. all the pulls... *shivers*

<Hated Worlds>

15. Avalon: Ugh, i swear i'm the only one who actually hates this place. The only memories i have of this place that are actually positive would be Ghost Avalon (and some of the later areas for looks) and the combat theme. The only character i feel i cannot write off would be Artorius, and that's almost purely because he gave me a spell. This place actually singlehandedly halted my questing for a really long time, i found it that boring. Much like Grizzleheim, these days i just grit my teeth and push through the pain whenever i quest through it on a new wizard.
It was great hearing your opinion, so thank you for the reply! I agree Grizzleheim gives very little XP. Really cool!